OLTL: Discussion for the week April 5

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I agree. Which makes me think Sky is going to be recast. I think it's good that Scott left OLTL because at times he was starting to imitate JPL with all the hand/arm movements and weird facial expressions. It seems like acting with Farah and JPL, you absorb their bad acting tendencies, like through osmosis or something.

I would love to see Scott do a primetime comedy, he's really talented.

• Members

I think some of those mannerisms you mention are what handicapped some of his final scenes that would have otherwise been very very good.

I would love it if Melinda really was still alive tucked away somewhere. I know we didn't see a body, but presumably Kelly and the others did though, right?

• Members

I don't think Schuyler will be recast anytime soon, but they have obviously left the door open for that to happen. I think Scott Clifton will be back on GH this summer.

At least getting sent to prison is better than being killed off. I am thankful Mitch, Alison, Rachel, Schuyler, Oliver, and Kyle aren't being offed when they exit.

• Members

Robin Strassor wants no part of that trainwreck?

Whats messed up about this story is that they've proven Marko's judgmental, stuck in the 50s, parents right. Langston is a no good tramp who would eventually break their son's heart and cause him great pain. As horrible as his father was, he was right. I dont think they expected her to be this big of a slut though

• Members

The Cramers don't have any family scenes, family is now meaningless with most of these characters. Blair and Dorian barely know each other at this point. The only reason they give Kelly any family scenes is so Blair and Dorian can prop her.

Dorian is better off out of the story. If she were in there I can almost guarantee we would get endless scenes of Langston's affair being blamed on Dorian and Langston telling Dorian she's not her "real mother."

As for Sky, I don't think they will recast him. They wanted to get rid of every character who was complex (or who wasn't straight and white, but that's not Sky). If we ever see Sky again it will be one of those Di AMC recasts where he's a new face, and a psycho, and killed.

Maybe he will rape Gigi and Nelson Branco will get that rape story he wanted for her. Farah Fath in Extremeties (of Bad Acting).

• Members

I haven't liked how they have used Dorian with Kelly's dull return so I'd rather see her in this story with Langston. Ford creeps me out and the only thing that would satisfy me is watching Dorian murder him. Langston is ruined and not because she's cheating but because she's almost completely heartless which is out of character.

• Members

They could recast Sky easily, but I doubt they will if Frons has his way. Which he appears to, and he clearly tired of the character on his own terms, and needed Sky to take the fall for Gigi and Rex. At least the door is open, though I doubt anything will walk through it. A shame as the character has huge potential.

Archived