OLTL: Discussion for the week April 5

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well since my local CBS affiliate decided that Tiger Woods was more important than ATWT, I watched OLTL.

Jessica annoyed the hell out of me, but I did enjoy those Natalie/Cristian scenes. She should be the one in a triangle with Cristian and Layla.

Dani is a bitch. I loved it when Destiny snatched the cherry, as Dani was reaching for it. :wub:

WHAT THE HELL have they done to Schuyler?

Seriously Ron, making him try to force Gigi to screw him?!

THAT IS NOT SCHUYLER AT ALL.

I wish Rex really did get shot but we all know he won't.... :rolleyes:

• Members

If Schuyler had succeeded in raping Gigi, he would've become a leading man and would be staying on the show.

Today's show was entertaining from start to finish. A wrecking ball has been taken to the Schuyler character, but Scott Clifton is knocking it out of the park. Also, I don't think they have romantic chemistry, but Kelly and John were a refreshing alternative to Kelly and Todd.

Bring it!

• Members

Maybe they'll put him in a coma so that eventually he can wake up. I doubt it though....I think Schuyler is a dead man. I don't see how they could have made that decision--the baby switch story, and its fallout, could have given years of storytelling. The story about Jack Deveraux being Billy Johnson drove Days of our Lives for years. Not that you can compare Schuyler/Rex/Mimi/Roxie to Jack/Steve/Kayla/Jo. But it was still worth pursuing.

I know I am in a tiny minority....but I'm actually enjoying the story of Jessica losing her memory being back in high school. It's a campy twist.

Steve

• Members

Wow this show is a trainwreck, and I admit I kinda enjoyed watching everything that happened (is poor Roxie gonna only get to talk to Sky as he dies? No wonder the poor woman drinks 24/7 Jesus). So many random moments--why did Alison suddenly decide to tell Roxie the detailed truth like they were friends almost? And then, yeah the Sky stuff. I've never been a big fan and I go back and forth on Scott's acting, but wow. If he had gone psycho over maybe, a week? This is a soap opera afterall, it might actually make some sense (in a campy One Life way) but as SOON as he loses his daughter he suddenly becomes so nutso that he thinks he needs to hold a gun to Gigi to try to get her to sleep with him and that will make them connected again?

There's just NO rational explanation for it at all from what we know of his character. MAYBE he coulda gone on a drug binge first and been completely out of it (since they like to bring up endlessly still how he's "a junkie" even if he hasn't been for years and, as was pointed out today, he has actually been a drug counsellor for a while now. And I gues we'll never hear how Rachel reacts to her "best friend" (or wait, is that Tea?) going psycho while she was gone.

I actually did kinda like Natalie and Christian chatting together I admit.

• Members

It just seems to me that word came from on high to wrap up with the Sky-Roxy-Rex-Mitch-Alison story and the writers had a weekend to work it out. It's just a big freakin' mess. Schuyler going nuts over the course of a few months could have actually been interesting, but this is just idiotic. I pretty much gave up on soaps after the cancellation of AW, but I started taping OLTL regularly when Dorian took over BE. I actually liked a lot of the story and characters, but this last six months have just been painful. I'll keep watching for now, if only for Dorian and Viki, but my patience is getting awful thin.

• Members

The two best parts about yesterday's episode were Nat/Cris and Scott Clifton's acting.

I used to love Natalie and Cris back in the day with the triangle involving Jen. I was always rooting for Natalie. I would much rther watch her back in Cris' orbit than John's anyday. Those two always have chemistry.

Though I agree that the writer's have ruined Schuyler, Scott Clifton totally made me feel for the guy with his performance yesterday. He almost made me believe he would have gone off of the deep end in one day....almost. Scott is highly underappreciated and he has proved it with the mess over the past week.

Anything high school musical = yawn.

John and Kelly we will have to see.... i'd rather that than Todd but I wish this new character coming on from her past had been Joey instead.

Archived