OLTL: Discussion for the week April 5

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Keep in mind that throughout this story, KELLY was written as the one who had suffered. BLAIR, who had had several strokes, a full term miscarriage, and needed months of physical therapy, was written as unreasonable and cruel.

Add in Gina's extremely cold acting, and that story took Kelly from a character I barely noticed to one I outright loathed. Thankfully she spent the next 3-4 years of her run involved with characters who were equally worthless (poor Kevin and Joey recasts, a poor Drew recast, Max) so I could ignore her. Now she's back and it's the same stuff as she had at the time of the baby killing story. Poor Kelly, Dorian walking behind her to tell her how special she is, etc.

• Members

Sounds fair. :P

I still have a hunch that Ford is going to turn up dead, I dunno.

Kelly Kelly Kelly, she's a tough one to get a handle of. At least GT's verison. She has these endearing moments, I mean, she is a good actress very capable of highly emotional moments, but she can be so grating, so frenzied, and as Carl said, so cold at times, it's hard for me to make heads or tails of her.

Yeah, giving her such an early alliance with Todd upon her return definitely sent a message. It all felt very Dinah and Jonathan to me btw.

• Members

I was talking about Langston but Kelly can fit in there too. They have a lot in common, as they love to play how "outside" they are in order to justify any bad behavior they are involved in. Langston's coldness also reminds me more and more of Kelly.

I don't think they have any idea what to do with Kelly. Obviously the stuff about Melinda is meaningless but if they wanted viewers to be more invested they would have coughed up some money to have Melinda return for a few days or weeks so that people could see her with Kelly. As it was they didn't even bother to show a flashback.

• Members

I'm glad that he was spared, at least Roxy can eventually have throwaway lines about visiting him in prison and how their relationship is coming along slowly, et cetera. I guess I could take or leave the character to be honest, but not killing him off is a plus in the murder-happy land of soaps, and if there's ever room for him he can always be recast if SC is unavailable/uninterested (going back to where you've been fired before has always got to be a bit of a bitter pill even if you need the work).

Archived