Storylines you need an explanation for

• Members

Is Goldie Kane dead or did she just leave town? She "died" after falling off the side of a boat then she came back and haunted people with this elaborate hologram ghost setup, but I can't remember if she was killed a second time and it actually took.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This was kind of confusing. I know that this storyline started in like December 1993, so it probably carried over into early 1994 when she went to jail.

I can not remember WHY she got out of jail, but I remember that she was released officially, and didn't break out (I believe)...I guess she just had a short sentence?

• Members

Y&R's business storylines all made sense prior to LML. Usually, it involved Jabot and had Jill (20% stock), Jack/Ashley/John (35%) and Victor (45%) doing battle, then Brad and Nikki split Victor's stake in the company so each had 22.5%. That, or it was Newman, having bought Jabot, having big board meetings with Jill, Diane, Michael, Brad, Jack, Nick, Victoria and Neil, THOSE were the days...Now, they were usually based around a scandal driving down a stock price and then Jack and/or Victor buying up the shares with their Scrooge McDuck like piles of money.

• Members

Apparently it was never Marlena's motivations; she was being brainwashed by Tony (or Andre or whoever) to do all the dirty work. I *think* after all was said and done and the whole mind-controlling was done, Marlena had no actual memory of it, because apparently Marlena would be in some sort of fugue state (Ha! I used one of their terms!) and Tony would step in and finish the job of killing them (even though we the audience saw her kill Tony, Doug, attempt to off John, Shawn-D, etc.) Whatever. It was all a messy disaster. Best to pretend it never happened.

• Members

The day they aired Tony/Andre/whoever's horrible explanation of how Marlena "killed" everyone -- apparently what we saw was Marlena's hallucination, or a planted memory, even though we often saw it from the victim's perspective and @(*#@(#*@ oops my brain just broke -- but the day they aired that, I remember thinking, "Okay, this show is dead. There's no coming back from this." It was such a gigantic hole that they might as well have just put a card on the screen that said, "We effed this one up! Forget it happened, okay?"

• Members

In retrospect, was there really any reason to "rewrite" this story? Of the characters killed, excepting Alice, how many are on regularly or are truly to the show? Marlena what a great way it would have been to exit? She's gone anyway, right? This was one of the stories that "broke" through to mainstream world -- the axing of vets to save money, that the below DH was the killer, etc. I'm just curious if people feel the show would have been better off had they had the courage to go through plan.

Archived