Storylines you need an explanation for

• Members

There are some soap stories or histories or moments that never make sense even if you watched at the time or even if you look in a history book or at a recap.

Is there anything you'd like to ask about something that happened on a show you watched, something that was baffling to you, and you want someone else to try to give an answer?

Here's my question.

What exactly was the backstory between Tangie and Roger on GL? What was her backstory period? I usually only paid attention to Tangie if she was around Holly, Fletcher, or Cutter, so I lost track of whatever was going on with her. She came to Springfield with money that she'd stolen, right? And her parents, they were secret agents who had ties to Roger? Didn't they imply that Roger was her father?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks. Her stories sucked, especially anything involving:

I found an old SOD from 1994 asking why Tangie couldn't be with Cutter, and JFP basically said oh well we want her to be in this story with Alan-Michael and Alan. That was a big mistake, she had no chemistry with them and to have Alan thrown into a triangle with his own son as soon as he came back to Springfield was baffling.

I didn't remember the part about her being sold to Roger at fifteen. That's...odd. I thought there was more but I guess that might be because at this time on GL there were often long, rambling monologues and solyiquies (sorry) to try to hide the lack of solid, focused storyline.

• Members

On GL, what about Ben Reade's sexual abuse at boarding school? Who was the culprit and why were they not held responsible after Ben's death?

I think we all know the answer to this, i.e. it was used as a way to write off Ben and pair Shayne/Marina together, but still there's plenty of explanations needed for that storyline.

• Members

I have an episode from 1995 just before Tangie left she was testifying against Alan for aiding Brent and Alex was telling the press that Roger was Tangie's sugar daddy. Tangie was such a ridiculous and pointless character who never worked

A couple of story points that have always baffled me are:

ATWT: Why the hell did Iris scream "My beautiful baby boy"?

B&B: What happened to Morgan in 2005?

• Members

This may not have amounted to more than a throwaway line back in the early eighties that my mom had remembered, but wasn't it mentioned that the Buchanans and the Cortlandts, and/or the Buchanans and the Woleks were cousins? I do remember Asa having a line about Palmer once in the '90s/'00s but it had nothing to do with family.

• Members

GL: How did Reva's stalker go from throwing bricks through windows, giving the Lewis family hang up calls, leaving threatening messages for Reva on her doorstep to wanting to blow up an entire television studio that had countless number of people inside of it?

• Members

She had Ridge in her semi-psycho clutches in Italy, he had amnesia and she'd convinced him they were happy together. Then, her mother came to town and informed Brooke that Ridge was in Italy, she then whisked Morgan away to a mental institution because she clearly was insane.

What really happened was Sarah Buxton was signed to a 1 year deal, Brad Bell switched storyline after 2 months and he paid out her contract.

Archived