Storylines you need an explanation for

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just posted this in another thread, but it's an even better fit here:

Was there ever any attempt to explain the "Marlena is the Salem Stalker" story once Reilly was forced to resurrect the murder victims and the whole thing went off the rails? (I stopped watching when I learned of the Melaswen island plot.) What compelled the saintly Marlena to kill her friends? How did the bloody, graphic, on-screen killings and the subsequent funerals and burials result in nary a scratch to the victims? For example, we saw Marlena stab Doug in the neck (and we saw plenty of blood to prove it) ... he was embalmed and buried. How did he end up on a tropical island? Who was really behind the killing plot, and what was the motive?

And how could anyone ever watch this show again after this abortion of a story?

• Members

True. I remember watching Marj Dusay's debut as Alex on YouTube, and a few of her first scenes would be with a newly recasted Mindy, and you could just tell from those scenes that nothing would be the same way again. It wasn't the same rivalry anymore.

• Members

If James Stenbeck left his money to Dusty Donovan, what were Paul and Henry fighting over? And why was third son Jordan Sinclair never included in the spoils? Who was Jordan's mother? Who did Jordan have sex with to produce Cabot?

• Members

The SSK storyline and the Melaswen abortion after-birth was the last big buzz-worthy story for daytime. It's no wonder nothing's attracted people back in droves since. This story was an epic fail, and yes, it made DAYS and any idea of "death" a joke for a long time.

Then to make matters worse, the next year we find out that Bo & Billie's stillborn baby from 1998 is in fact alive and almost the same age as Shawn-D!

P.S. The Alex North/Marlena history is almost just as hard to believe as the SSK.

Archived