DAYS: Discussion for the month of April

• Members

I love AZ's Nicole and AW's Sami... SO... I'm hoping for the day when they're not kicking each other's butts and they're turning all that rage on EJ, who so richly deserves a beatdown from Syd's two mothers. Unrealistic, but I'd love for Sami to allow Nicole to be a part of Syd's life, especially when Brady and Nicole get back together. please... pretty please writers????

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It wasn't relying on one character. Even before AZ left, the story had already shifted to relying on EJ and his revenge against Sami. The only reason they had to drag things for Nicole's return was because the kidnapping was Nicole's ticket out of prison through Anna. Otherwise, how else do you get her out? So, it wasn't about relying on Nicole (although I don't see what would be wrong with that given how well the show did last year relying on her). They just positioned the story to suit all their needs. Now, I agree that some of the EJ/Sami/Rafe stuff was hit or miss during January and February but it improved big time the minute Sydney was brought back.

This is why I don't get all this talk that the writers have no idea what to do with Sami and Rafe and that all the good plotting has gone out the window. The long-term vision is there. EJ made himself look like the hero and endeared himself to Sami. It almost started a new beginning for them in her eyes. Meanwhile, Rafe learned that Sami lied to him about the kidnapping again. He acted ok with it but then Sami lets EJ stay the night. Then, before you know it. EJ's at Sami's with the kids all the time, basically living there. Rafe throws himself into his work on the investigation and distances himself from Sami. The next beat was Sami wanting a job now that everything had calmed down. She asked Rafe for a recommendation. He refused and that brought up Sami's lies again. She couldn't take it so she asked for a break. So, all this talk about Sami and Rafe's countless breakups...where were all those breakups? This isn't like Philip and Stephanie last year (which I didn't take issue with given the story last year). Sami and Rafe have broken up twice in three months (the first one in late January/early February I'm not even sure counts because it was more of a argument and them being mad at each other for two weeks...they never really called it a breakup). They had a breakup last August over Rafe's past. Rafe was then MIA thanks to Meredith and they reunited in November. Other then that, they just have this breakup that started last week and it's really the first breakup that will probably stick for awhile (the one dealing with Rafe's past would've never stuck had Rafe not went MIA), especially if you look at the story. EJ's now feeling guilty and realized he loves Sami and wants to be with her just as the walls are truly closing in on him. Rafe and Sami have issues and they are internal. The writing for them has really improved (especially their argument over the job last week and Friday's episode had to be some of the best writing for them).

I just don't get how anyone could watch Friday's episode and not see what the vision is. JMO. Those scenes were very well-done. They showed the issues the couple has and showed that this is breakup is serious. Things have really taken shape with that story and I expect the newly formed stories to heat up and come together too over the next few weeks.

• Members

Someone posted a message on the Sony boards claiming that Peter's wife, Kelly Moneymaker, asked her to relay a message to the fans. She then referred to the SOD news that Peter was going to be off for a month due to his episode guarantee and then added that it had now been pushed to two months because he wasn't working in February or March. She totally began blowing things out of proportion, asking fans to write in to support the story and Peter because his job could be in jeopardy. She also mentioned that Kristian Alfonso resigned for a year (something that was not mentioned anywhere else). I believe she was the same person who posted something either before or in this same message saying that Peter and Crystal didn't get along so she's been spreading alot of junk and there seemed to be this sense that she was reliable in terms of her track record.

The funny part is that Peter is in SOD this week debunking all this and also noted that he's only going to be off air for three weeks so it goes to show you it was making a mountain out of a molehole. Peter has never really taken to the internet. He doesn't blog or anything. That is why when the message started circulating around the net I felt it was fishy. When he wants to get something out, he's always gone right to the mags usually.

• Administrator

Yes! Stefano finally knows. Now I hope he gives EJ a beating for all the crap he said to Stefano and trying to take over the mansion.

To make it more dramatic? I don't know. LOL

Thanks, Tim. So many crazies out there.

• Members

:lol: LOL I thought the same thing.

I agree with Toups that it was to make it more dramatic.

I am so tired of this merry-go-round that is Sami/Rafe. Good lord, how many times have they broken up?!

Bricole :wub:

Everything involving Stefano and Anna was ON POINT. I am still recovering from the shock of that slap. LOL

Chloe needs to calm down, and stop trying to blame everything on Carly. GEEZ....

Archived