DAYS: Discussion for the month of April

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well no-one else could be bothered to start the thread, so i might as well lol.

And with the change of the month, came a really good episode. I really liked todays episode even though not much happened - maybe because it was Vivian and Nicole heavy lol.

Nicole vs Rafe was good, Nicole vs EJ was awesome - I loved her quip "My whole world is empty without you Toots!"

Vivian spreading her engagement news was fun, but I wish people would fear her more lol.

Adrienne vs Carly was fierce - I only started watching in 1993 but I always thought Adrienne and Carly were friends (Adrienne exited in 1991), but maybe I'm wrong - seemed a bit odd their confrontation then... oh well, a history buff can correct me hehe.

Guest dc cubs

I liked the EJ and Nicole confrontation. EJ is sweating bullets wondering how much Nicole knows about Anna's kidnapping of Sydney.

I enjoyed Vivian as usual. I took the Adrienne and Carly scenes more as Adrienne saying those things about Bo and Hope for Justin's benefit. Justin was standing right there so those were digs for Justin to realize he doesn't have a chance with Hope.

• Administrator

Don't tell me this lackey of EJ's is going to play part in his downfall. We never even saw this guy before. This is lame. I'm not even anticipating EJ's downfall that much because I don't think the build up has been that good. Man, what happened to the plotting of this show. It's like when 2010 started, all that awesome plotting in 2009 went out the window. And shifting the focus to Carly/Dan/Chloe - WTF.

I love Vivian's presence on the show. I couldn't help but smile whenever she told Carly, Mel, Philip that she was marrying Victor.

• Members

Benny was on the show. He appeared when Anna was first revealed as the one who kidnapped Sydney. I believe it was in one of the final episodes in 2009. He gave Anna some supplies and then left. Trust me...he's just a red herring. EJ will have bigger problems and the story is very much in building mode. The good plotting you speak of is currently happening. The show dragged EJ/Sami/Rafe and Brady/Arianna until Nicole returned. Once she returned, notice how things picked up. The only story in which the plotting got a little off course was Vivian/Carly/Bo/Hope/Justin and Philip/Melanie/Nathan/Stephanie and that was because the show wanted to continue it's push for renewal and needed an A story while Nicole was gone and the EJ/Sami/Rafe stuff was on ice. They handed the focus over to the Carly stuff and moved fast so that they could have good numbers during sweeps and the Olympics.

The shift in focus to Carly/Daniel/Chloe is natural. They have a daughter. Plus, Peter Reckell will be gone for three weeks so it gives her people to interact with. Much like early 2009, Days is setting up story and building things up. It was around April last year that things really took off (with the only lull coming for like a month in July).

• Members

DAYS is just really flat right now. It's the same stuff everyday, things just aren't moving along...but yesterday's show sort of had things heating up.

UGH, UGH, UGGH Rafe!!!! He is doing this undercover work all by his lonesome, it is so nerve racking! I wish someone could be by his side the whole time, like Hope or something! Hope and Rafe would be great partners together.

Loved the EJ\Nicole scenes at the pub.

and omg...did I see those previews for the next episode right? Sami telling Rafe that she wants to be with him? YAWN!~@##% They just never stop breaking up and getting back together again 2 days later!

Guest dc cubs

Some nice character interactions today. I really enjoyed the Maggie and Victor scenes and how she told him his BS wasn't going to work on her. I hope we get some more scenes with them in the future.

Vivian and Kate are always fun. Viv was acting like a 12 year old girl today with Victor in talking all about her wedding plans.

I hope Nicole figures out soon that EJ was behind the kidnapping. She knows he is hiding something. Loved the ending with Stefano finding Anna.

The Nicole and Sydney scenes were sad. Nicole did the right thing in saying goodbye to Syd. She can't keep hanging on to the past. I'll keep saying it. Sydney is one adorable baby.

• Members

Today was great! Lots of interesting interactions. Victor/Maggie, Nicole/Will... both Zuker and Scott were so strong in those pub scenes. And the ending!! When I saw the hands, I knew who it was, but that was great.

I actually bought Philip and Melanie as a couple today, too. Something about the way they were discussing the Vivian/Victor situation rang very true. Although... could they put Philip is a t-shirt or sweater or something? He's like 28-30, not 50. And who the hell wears a suit to grab coffee?

• Members

Wow, Maggie and Victor, it seemed that DAYS was testing them out on today's episode. What does everyone think of them possibly ending up together? I think they could be great--but I hope it doesn't cause Victor to lose his sense of humor, or become boring. But I did like their scenes today, Victor was flirting ;D.

OMG, i was not expecting that to be Stefano at the end! As the seconds were going by, i was like WTH?! Wow, that was a great ending.

Those Sami and Rafe scenes were like Deja Vu, same old [!@#$@] with them, same conversation, same boringness, same old ending! How do you spell SAFE? P-L-A-Y-E-D O-U-T.

I love how Sydney called Nicole 'Mama' aww (; those scenes were sad.

I love Vivian and Kate!

• Members

Don't get me wrong, I'm an Ari Zuker fan all the way, but no way should the show/storyline have to rely on one character to keep it going and keep it fresh. Its an indictment on the poor acting/plotting/dialogue of the other major characters in the story (Sami/Rafe/EJ) because they cant cary it off. To be fair, EJ has his moments, like his interaction with Nicole on Thursday and Friday. But the same to and fro is killing me, to quote AllmyDaysatGh:

That sums it up perfectly. Its enough - Friday was an excellent episode with the exception of those 2 and their rinse, repeat shtick. They're the weak spot on the show, even Melanie was tolerable and kinda endearing at parts on Friday. But Sami and Rafe and more often than not EJ can't seem to rise above the material. Its a problem, because it sucks the joy out of the rest of the episode. And Friday was good otherwise. Victor/Maggie, Kate/Vivian, EJ/Nicole, Nicole/Sydney goodbye, Anna/Stefano at the end - all great and compelling to watch. Esafe and Mel/Carly is overdone, tedious and sucking the joy out of what could be a good show otherwise.

• Administrator

I like Sami/Rafe but I agree, this constant make-up/break up is so bad. What's up with that? It's sign that the writers don't know what to do with these two anymore, which I think is sad.

Nicole/Sydney :( I loved the way Syndey was looking at Nicole - you could tell that the twins and Ari have a connection, same with James Scott too.

Great cliffhanger! Stefano's going to snap Anna's neck! LOL

• Members

I really felt for Rafe. He cannot deal with Sami's roller coaster version of love or EJ in their lives. I agree that they have got to stop breaking them up and putting them back together. There is no reason that Rafe and Sami cannot fight EJ together.

I liked Victor and Maggie's scenes. I hope that they do not become more than friends. I would love to see Vivian and Kate fighting over who can be the best friend to Maggie so they can get closer to Victor.

I can't sympathize with Nicole. She turned Sydney's life into one of instability. I just hope that she meant that goodbye to Sydney.

Stefano at the end with Anna was hilarious.

• Members

I'll start with the good,

Anna is an absolute treat, Leann Hunley is just delicious, absolutely a dream. Triple Love Her. The end with Stefano looks very promising.

Kate v Vivian was terrific. Lauren Koslow 'brings it' in her anger...totally fun to watch. I do wish she and Louise Sorel would actually get into a full on physical catfight, something over the top and fabulous...I'm talking sequin gowns, diamonds, champagne and being hurled across tables. I don't care that Louise is nearly 70, it's a part of the job and she seems to be in good shape.

EJ and Nicole are great because they are on equal footing, he is petrified of what she knows and she doesn't give a flying damn about how he feels. Refreshing!

I dig Adrienne, Justin and Hope, they're a nice B Storyline.

I do like Ari and Brady, though I don't quite buy the back and forth, they seem to be in a holding pattern of sorts. I really do hope that we finally get to see Ari's mother and that Eva Tamargo (Pilar on Passions) is cast, it would complete the Passions trifecta. Throwing Nicole into the mix is a very good idea.

Maggie and Victor are wonderful together. Not sure they'd make a good pairing, but as allies, I like it. Suzanne Rogers and John Aniston are two of the strongest actors in the cast, so it's no shock that they can do anything.

And now, the bad,

Sami and Rafe are on wash, rinse, repeat. It's boring, it's useless, they're done. I really think the heroine version of Sami Brady needs to be retired and the vixen Sami Brady needs to be resurrected. Allison Sweeney seems so bored with what she's doing and if in fact she enjoys the writing for Sami, I have news for her, she's never acted this poorly ever. She has no energy, no life, no zest. She's very beige and that is not a good thing.

Chloe/Daniel/Carly/Bo is a storyline that I don't think will ever grab my interest as it is another instance of Carly being the screw up in just about everything she does. It's tiresome. Simple as that. I hope the writers aren't thinking this is somehow going to make Carly sympathetic, as I feel absolutely no sympathy for her. I just think she needs to hit the road.

The teens are so very blah. Such stupid little storylines...they seem to be filler, which is good...otherwise I do not understand what on earth the writing team could have in store for them (or us!).

Archived