Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

I would maybe consider keeping her as a Friend and ONLY as a Friend. I just feel like whatever they do with NYC won't work. This season had Aviva participated fully then I feel we would've had a much better season. It started off gangbusters, but it lost serious momentum after a while. I also think Kristen has done her job, but she needs to go. They need to be bold with their choices for next season.

My current thinking is...

Keep: Carole, Heather, LuAnn, Ramona

Friend of the Housewives: Aviva, Bethenny - This might sound far-fetched, but if Bravo ties it in with a deal for her own show she'll do it.

New Wives: Jill Zarin (especially if Dina's return works for RHONJ, do this!), Jo from RHOC, Jennifer Williams from Basketball Wives. Basically, there are so many women out there and they need to be more bold with their choices. In New York they have the choice of former housewives, people from other shows and non-white women in general. If they broaden their horizons it'll open them up to stronger casting choices and the potential for better ratings.

• Replies 39.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Did y'all notice that Aviva was once again dropped from the opening? I'm glad she's not getting paid (or so it seems) for these vacation episodes, but really she should have been a Friend if she's not willing to participate.

How is Shannon from the OC not authentic? She's probably the most natural newbie we've ever had - the cameras don't faze her - she isn't creating fake drama (Tamra) - she isn't hiding anything from the cameras (most of them) - she's open, honest and real. She isn't hawking product or businesses. It's completely refreshing. Also she's super entertaining because she's naturally a bit crazy.

• Members

Shannon is cray but Miss Holistic is not drunk-cray. I think she puts on the drinking thing a little. Not denying the issues in her marriage, or the impact it might be having on her, but I wonder about the drinking personally.

And IA that Aviva should be demoted to "friend of..." status and Luann be given back the apple. I am REALLY not sold in Jill Zarin returning, though. And I'd keep Kristen. I think she's worked her little tush off the try and generate some feuding, especially between Sonja and Luann.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Jill would bring money and ego. They need Jill. Honestly, they should've never done this drastic reboot considering how good the ratings were in season 4. And it baffles me how they keep things status quo on Beverly Hills (and for many years on New Jersey), yet the first time things get heated on NYC they fire everyone.

• Members
LOL, I said they should fire everyone. I would think Ramona only bc she's the vet BUT she is expensive and the face of the old NYC. If they start over, they need to go fresh. I could see Heather being the one kept Edited by Cheap21

• Members

That article is BS. They posted something else yesterday about George and Dana getting a spin-off and Andy linked the article and said it was false. I'm sure both stories came from the same source (obviously someone close to Aviva) and aren't true. Radar last year posted details of the Beverly Hills reunion BEFORE the season had aired. Their housewives stories are only good for fun reads.

• Members

Also --- Heather never answered Shannon's question... Why was Heather spreading gossip about Shannon to other random ladies? She was totally wrong for that and Shannon just wanted to understand who out there knows so she could manage the situation. I don't mind Heather, and most times I like her even though I do think she's condescending, but she was totally wrong on this one. She had every right to kick Shannon out of her home, but Shannon only got upset because Heather wasn't listening to her and not answering her questions.

• Members

I like Sonja but Im cool with her leaving bc her story has been static for years. She came on in S3 and its no S6. What has changed with her? Nothing except she's gotten broker. She hasn't even developed a rival, so its not like there is any feud that we'd tune in to watch her fight. If we saw her as a mother and in a stable relationship, I think that could have done wonders to round her out but all she has to offer is getting drunk and witty talking heads

• Members

No surprise they're keeping Ramona. If this is true. I could see LuAnn popping in because she's a familiar face.

Is it wrong that one reason why I think viewers haven't connected with the new ladies (season 5) is that none of them are very pretty? They all have... unique looks, but overall it's like we're looking at the misfits wedding reception table in the back corner.

Kristen is an okay Housewife, but she doesn't fit in with this current NYC crowd. Dare I say she's too young for them? It just seems too forced that she's hanging out with them.

I'm telling ya, this season has no overall arc to tie it all together, nor do most cliffhangers offer a real good reason to tune in next week.

I'm guessing 1) they'll do a last-ditch effort to recapture the magic and bring back Bethenny, Jill and maybe Alex, all in some capacity. Or 2) basically a brand new show, but with Ramona and some familiar friends. They could almost promote it as a new series. Or 3) they'll end up discontinuing it. These shows can't last forever. While some like OC and Atlanta continue to evolve and thrive, others are losing their luster like BH and NJ. In a couple months we'll see which side Jersey falls into in the success/failing chart.

Edited by Gray Bunny