Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Bravo's The Real Housewives of....


Cheap21

Recommended Posts

  • Members

RHONY isn't appointment television this season, that's for sure, but like a soap opera slump, I'll stick with my show in hopes of it improving. If not this season, certainly next year.  (But yeah, Olympics won last night for me, too) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 34.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Cat

    2901

  • Cheap21

    4238

  • NothinButAttitude

    3522

  • Taoboi

    2554

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Members
3 hours ago, Chris B said:

Because we only got the mid season trailer, we went into RHONY blind last night and my god was it boring! I really don’t know how they’ll get another 10 episodes out of this if the pacing remains the same. 

The one thing that I did note is that Eboni is a hating bitch. The way she did Bershan was childish and messy. Why invite everybody to a party in front of her and say she can’t go? And then to say she isn’t the right type of Black person to go and use covid as an excuse was pure BS. Bershan is a paid cast member so she’d be under whatever covid protocols the other girls are.
 

Eboni is trying to ice her out because she doesn’t like her. I wouldn’t be surprised if Eboni was one of those “there can only be one” girls bad is thinking strategically towards next season. Bershan hasn’t done anything the other ladies haven’t for Eboni to hate her this much. 

Eboni trying to ice out Bershan is such bullshit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 hours ago, Gray Bunny said:

RHONY isn't appointment television this season, that's for sure, but like a soap opera slump, I'll stick with my show in hopes of it improving. If not this season, certainly next year.  (But yeah, Olympics won last night for me, too) 

I agree. I'm not ready yet to bid adieu. RHONY has most of the right ingredients, but some key ones are missing, and the seasoning is off. (And I was also watching the Olympics last night --had to see the gymnastics team event!).

It was good seeing Billy Strich again, Broadway legend, and boy does he adore Sonja. Sonja was a delight this episode  and love her friendship with Eboni and Boxer Dude. But yeah, didn't understand Eboni not inviting Bershan to her party. Its a *Black* Shabbat, right? Eboni giving me Alexis Bellino with Peggy vibes. She does not want to share space with another black woman.

Luann doing her Christmas oeuvre and her mv next week was giving me S4 vibes, when Ramona did not want to participate because doing so would give Lil Avery a bad example. Good tiimes.

Leah continues to be the human personification of Womp Womp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

@TaoboiIf that cast proves true... then it makes sense why ditzy Kam wasn't shown the door.  The three rumored newbies look fierce, so they'll make mince meat of Kam.

 

Eboni is the very picture of my former boss in terms of personality and demeanor.  Talked a good game, but if anyone threatened her turf.. she'd knife them in the back.  I witnessed that happen numerous times in departments amongst women.. especially against a competent female that they viewed as a threat.   

Bershan better pay heed.. and keep that armor on especially over her back... to protect against the knife Eboni will try to stab her with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
10 minutes ago, Soaplovers said:

Eboni is the very picture of my former boss in terms of personality and demeanor.  Talked a good game, but if anyone threatened her turf.. she'd knife them in the back.  I witnessed that happen numerous times in departments amongst women.. especially against a competent female that they viewed as a threat.   

Bershan better pay heed.. and keep that armor on especially over her back... to protect against the knife Eboni will try to stab her with.

Yep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 7/27/2021 at 1:33 AM, Chris B said:

Same. I hope the rumors of Peacock adding them is true. 

One can hope.

 

On 7/27/2021 at 3:27 AM, Cat said:

 

Starting with full seasons of Real Housewives of Melbourne, Vancouver and that one Auckland season which was pure entertainment.

Should I mention Sydney? That was beyond insane. Apparently a Sydney reboot is reported to be in the works.

 

THIS.

One of these days I'm going to have to watch Syndey if only to see the one who made the KKK shade in full context.

 

On 7/27/2021 at 1:59 AM, Cat said:

Just saw this. Honestly I am stunned that Kameron is back. She imploded at reunion and on Twitter! I for sure thought it would be Kary who had a much better reunion and is messy. But Andy loves him his Nicole Kidman doll, and has never really vibed with Latinas on these shows. Also, the way Kary treated that man in Oklahoma last season was egregious, so maybe what goes around comes around.

I saw photos of Tiffany having dinner with Claudia Jordan and Cynthia Bailey in Dallas last week -- I really hope/wish that Claudia is asked to be a RH!

Perhaps my biggest change of heart concerns Leeanne. I've never been her biggest fan -- I find her fake and she sucks the oxygen out of the room. But after rewatching S4, I think in many ways she was set up and mistreated (even though her words about Kary were xenophobic and very objectionable). I think she needs to make amends (instead of doubling down) on that front, and maybe return as the Maleficent of the show. D'Andra-Leeanne is a real rivalry because both are jealous of each other.

I'm surprised Tiffany is coming back. Firstly -- second season curse. Secondly, her job/rep as an anaesthesiologist. Thirdly, the lawsuit facing her husband's family which is going to be the talk of the season.

Well, if you haven't seen it above and @Soaplovers touched on...if that cast is true...perhaps Kameron has been brought back...for a takedown season? Especially after that harassment of Tiffany online.


Tiffany was with Team Pretty (minus Kenya)? Get out!!!

 

*gasps* You watched Season 4 AGAIN. Those are some strong balls you have.

Please register in order to view this content
 But honestly, I'm not sure if I could sit through it again given how triggering Kary was to me with her attacks on LeeAnne and how transparent they were aka a set-up. But I would rather LeeAnne stay off now and live her best life. Though yeah, I do believe her rivalry with D'andra will always have legs and a spark. Or should I say not a rivalry...but an obsession...?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 hours ago, Taoboi said:

NJ

 

Where's Bill? But lol.

 

Image

The Aydins have been iced out. They are trying hard to make Louie happen and have him take his place. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
7 hours ago, Taoboi said:

Tiffany was with Team Pretty (minus Kenya)? Get out!!!

 

*gasps* You watched Season 4 AGAIN. Those are some strong balls you have.

Please register in order to view this content
 But honestly, I'm not sure if I could sit through it again given how triggering Kary was to me with her attacks on LeeAnne and how transparent they were aka a set-up. But I would rather LeeAnne stay off now and live her best life. Though yeah, I do believe her rivalry with D'andra will always have legs and a spark. Or should I say not a rivalry...but an obsession...?

Yes, I watched RHOD S4 again.  You'd be surprised -- it's breezy and fast-paced. I think S4 exposed Leeanne as a not-so-nice person (even before the 'chirpy Mexican' remarks). The Made for TV wedding that was really a cash-in. The 'fat cow' remark whispered about D'Andra. The competitiveness about who had a worse childhood. TBF, Leeanne went through deep horror as a child, and if she's not over that trauma, absolutely nobody (including her mother) should tell her to get over it. But I do think she should seek additional therapy to work through it, because Leeanne in S4 seemed very shut down emotionally. All that was left was this cold, hard anger.

Having said all that... S4 was a set-up to trigger Leeanne continually  and take her down, esp. when D'Andra wore the Linfinity dress and she and Kary spent the entire meal detailing its faults. Kary was extra mendacious that night. That is Leeanne's business and it was cruel and done on purpose. You know you've gone too far when even Stephanie and Brandi are uncomfortable and telling you to stop. It was right after that dinner that Leeanne lost it to Stephanie and 'Mexican' was thrown around. She had been pushed to breaking point.

You think Leeanne is living her best life? She is watching RHOD very closely and has long predicted that it would flop without her. Hate to admit it, but she is probably right. Leeanne is the Maleficent of RHOD, IMO, and I think in S6, say at the end of episode 1, she should reappear as one of the newbies' friends in order to strike shock & fear in D'Andra's (and the audience's) heart.

And then we need a Caroline Manzo-Danielle Staub sit-down to really hash that sh!t out. Yes, they are mutually obsessed. They envy what the other has, I think.

 

Tiffany was indeed with Team Pretty (minus Kenya) last week!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Posted (edited)

BTW, if anyone is looking for a show to fill the BH sized gap in the schedules this week (and the Olympics aren't keeping you busy), may I recommend Family Karma? It's on Bravo and usually comes on after RHOBH.

You'd barely know the pandemic was going on (mainly because it is set in Florida lol) The Aunties are like the Indian Housewives only a lot more ki-ki. The general vibe is warm-hearted rather than toxic, and the multigenerational community is authentic, but it definitely is soapy. The kids have plenty of drama too. S2 Ep1 is not a bad place to start (though I do recommend S1 also).

Edited by Cat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
10 hours ago, Cat said:

BTW, if anyone is looking for a show to fill the BH sized gap in the schedules this week (and the Olympics aren't keeping you busy), may I recommend Family Karma? It's on Bravo and usually comes on after RHOBH.

You'd barely know the pandemic was going on (mainly because it is set in Florida lol) The Aunties are like the Indian Housewives only a lot more ki-ki. The general vibe is warm-hearted rather than toxic, and the multigenerational community is authentic, but it definitely is soapy. The kids have plenty of drama too. S2 Ep1 is not a bad place to start (though I do recommend S1 also).

Speaking of Family Karma, I have to get on watching Season 2 when I get a chance. And I saw Armit's grandma passed today.

 

And for speaking of soapy...for you...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
5 hours ago, Taoboi said:

Speaking of Family Karma, I have to get on watching Season 2 when I get a chance. And I saw Armit's grandma passed today.

 

And for speaking of soapy...for you...

 

OK The subtext of this was lost on me but maybe it is clearer to those who have watched the show.
But these are goooood looking people, I will say that much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
6 hours ago, Taoboi said:

Speaking of Family Karma, I have to get on watching Season 2 when I get a chance. And I saw Armit's grandma passed today.

 

And for speaking of soapy...for you...

 

Family Karma was SO good this season. Well worth a watch and the season flies by. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 7/28/2021 at 5:56 PM, Taoboi said:

RHOD

 

The rumored cast...

 

Image

Of course we don't know them so they could be great, but I still say it's a loss not to add Claudia Jordan. Andy said her leaving RHOA was a missed opportunity and she lives in Dallas, is wealthy and successful now and she knows these ladies. I know they interviewed her for season 5 (she wasn't cast bc she got a job in LA), but I don't see why she isn't cast. Hopefully the new ladies are bold enough to get people tuning in. If they can't get it right this show needs to end or move to Peacock. I also think Kary should've stayed over Kameron.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy