Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Ramona has said this season will be longer than the last one which tells me there's lots of drama we don't know about. It seems like the season trailer is mostly the first few episodes since a lot of the drama featured comes from the Hampton's trip that starts next week. I thought they did their best of hiding things on WWHL, but I'm not buying this kumbaya stuff. I think we're in for a very good, dramatic season and I LOVE that New York doesn't reveal everything like most series. I feel like last season although not the best, had endless surprises throughout the season we had no idea about. Hell, we didn't even know Elyse existed and she ended up playing a big role in the second half of the season. Eboni also mentioned in Vanity Fair that she has a big upcoming issue

Please register in order to view this content

which spins off into a major issue. Little nuggets like that and Sonja saying she *still* doesn't speak to Ramona and Luann have me super excited for whats to come. We have some little teasers, but nothing that would ruin the show. I dread when RHOA starts filming again because we'll have to hear the entire storyline play-by-play in the media as usual. That's so boring to me!

RHOD:

This reunion I felt moved so fast. They had more going on than RHOA. I actually am disappointed it's not 3 parts if they going at it like that! My perception of Kameron vs Tiffany is that Kam (and Stephanie) is jealous of the fact that you have an Asian girl coming on who is incredibly rich and not intimidated by her. They all show off their wealth, but only Tiffany was knocked for doing the same. She came guns blazing, but I feel like nothing she said stuck because Tiffany was willing to double down. Tiffany STILL is tweeting that Kameron is a dumb ass lol.

I'm not surprised by Kary's divorce and I love that D'Andra didn't let her slide by. She still dug in her ass while showing an appropriate amount of sympathy. I know many don't like Kary, but I think she is fantastic. I feel this show came alive when she joined in season 4 and after this season I think they finally have a way forward. I just hope they get rid of Brandi and Stephanie and I'm hoping the rumors of multiple diverse newbies is true. This show is in such dire need of a reboot before Bravo gives up. If you get rid of the dead weight and keep adding strong newbies I do think they have a shot.

Edited by Chris B

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is why I need to stop reading RH Stan Twitter. It is so knee-jerk negative about these shows, and on here, things feels more balanced and positive (but not ridiculously positive).

@Faulkner I'd love to know your thoughts on why having all 5 RHONY ladies on WWHL was off-putting, as I only saw a few clips on YouTube (legit question, not attacking your reasons). I thought from the clips that Sonja and Ramona coming off the clearest. I liked Eboni and Leah, too. I don't know what was up with Luann, but she seemed more invested in chatting with her off-screen cabaret coordinator, which messed up the flow. Overall, though, I really like the fondness these women have for each other.

@Chris B I did notice the trailer seemed focused on the Hamptons and Salem trips, so hopefully there is more that we are not seeing! I assume Salem is subbing for the Berkshires this Halloween. I am especially interested in Heather and why she withdrew suddenly.

Also, the fact that Sonja hasn't spoken to Ramona and Luann is shocking to me. All 3 of them live on the Upper East Side now! At first I thought Ramona and Lu are in an alliance and did they nudge Sonja out? But judging by this first episode, it looks like Sonja is dealing with some financial stuff and pulling away from them.

Fan question on WWHL asked if Dorinda was around, whether she would have prevented Ramona and Luann from becoming friends. 

Hmmm. Ramona seemed to think so. Clearly there is no love lost between R and Dorinda atm.

RHOD:

I am on the fence about Kary. She is a polarising figure (taking a leaf out of LeeAnne's playbook) and that makes for drama. On the other hand, some of the stuff she did really turned me off -- it wasn't entertaining to me, and I was left feeling that this is an awful, vapid, selfish and childish woman. I did feel sorry for her at reunion, though, because this divorce is definitely happening and she definitely did not initiate it. I have to wonder how she is going to cope, because she is used to a husband taking care of her financially. If she comes back -- and that is a big IF -- it would be nice to see some layers and self-analysis.

I would love for RHOD to be given a second chance/reboot, because I am rooting for it. I enjoy it and believe it has real potential. However, I have a horrible feeling that this past season WAS its second chance. They stuck the reunion on at 10.30pm after WWHL -- Bravo is not getting ratings/ad dollars from RHOD. As you would imagine for a 10.30pm timeslot, the ratings slipped further.  I hope RHOD recoups some views on the streaming services or via delayed-watching, and that Bravo takes that into account. IA that this actual episode was solid and interesting and flew by quickly. It even set up some interesting dynamics going into the next season, if Bravo chooses to go with it.

Kameron, however, was a major turnoff and it felt like her mask has slipped. I liked and felt for Kary more this episode than Kam.

E0AdQPrXMAY93at?format=jpg&name=small

E0AXIUGX0AMa5FZ?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Cat

• Members

There were nice moments and a few revelations, but it came off a bit stiff to me. And maybe a bit overstuffed, especially with all the games.

Ok that’s amazing.

Why do those screens at the RHOD reunion look like photos at someone’s memorial service?

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

@CatFor me, WWHL was fine as a general special, but since not much happened in the premiere they didn’t comment in the episode as you typically would and instead spoke generally. It seemed like they were trying to be vague and not reveal stuff so it came off awkward. Everybody was trying to act like they’re getting along so great but we know that isn’t the case. I’m certainly glad they didn’t spoil the entire show, but I think this would’ve been better as a preview special aired the week prior. 

• Members

Hahahaha!!! I was wondering if someone had posted the Househusbands tagline!!! I was so hoping you all would see it since we mostly don't watch WWHL.

@Cat nah uh Girlfriend!!! You know you got to talk about how LeeAndra did in Part 1, too!!!

NJ

Another easy breezy episode.

I admit that watching last week it was good, but uneven. However, last night was very well paced. And it touched on all the story parts in this last half of the season. 

THINGS I LOVED:

FAMILY DYNAMICS. What I have loved all season has been watching all the family dynamics. The highlight for me was watching Teresa and Joey interact as she packed up the house. Yes, they were so brother/sister. And I hate to say it, but Joey suuuuuure was looking good in that backward hat, sweater shirt, and blue jeans. Just...YUUUUUUMM. I enjoyed Dolores with her kids' collective birthday. I was saddened that Jennifer was dealing with her mother's embarrassment. And then Teresa and her girls before her big date. It reveals so much about the ladies outside of group scenes.

PIGTAILS. Good to see Marge still wears them from time to time.

IS IT OVER? It doesn't seem like Dolores is letting last week go. Hmmm...

THINGS I DID NOT LOVE:

THAT ENDING. So next week is the finale? No promo? Really?

• Members

You have no idea how much Ramona repeatedly saying in interviews how much better the show is without Dorinda irks me. What an ungracious woman she is.
I am not questioning her place on the franchise but the fact she never pays any price for her detestable (and never contrite) behavior is really off-putting.

I would like Dorinda back because I like Dorinda but I especially would like it now just to piss Ramona off. Don't dance on someone's grave if they are not dead because you are setting yourself up for trouble.

• Members

Kristen didn't accept Ramona's apology...and it was semi genuine.  It was the one time I was happy an issue wasn't just swept under the rug.

Husbands make NJ...imho.  and I didn't realize how much I missed the pigtails till Margaret was sporting them

• Members

Potomac is about to get MESSY! Eddie is allgedly cheating on Wendy with someone at his law firm and he has a side baby

https://allaboutthetea.com/2021/05/06/exclusive-wendy-osefos-husbands-infamous-cheating-scandal/

The show is currently still filming so Wendy's family mess is about to get exposed

Was this what Monique had in her chapter on Wendy in her binder?

tenor.gif tenor.gif

• Members

It's shocking to me because, even though they didn't get along last season, Dorinda originally came onto RHONY because of Ramona. She'd been her friend for a few years prior (and turned out to be seamless addition).

It did cross my mind that Ramona went hard on Dorinda because she knows she will return. Ramona may want to assure her place for next season with a potential Ramona vs Dorinda rivalry. I think Dorinda's is the only departure I know of where Bravo/Andy said 'Guys, this is temporary. We are benching her for a season and plan to bring her back." Certainly, this was never said of departing HWs like Gretchen Rossi.

Ramona has always been a sh!t about departing RHONY HWs. She was gleeful about Jill Zarin leaving (to be fair, we all were at the time). With Heather, she took the view that Heather never really fit in. When Carole left (after going against Ramona's arch-nemesis Bethenny), she was like 'well, it is what it is' or some such ambivalent answer. To say she was thrilled when Bethenny left would be an understatement. Ramona views every woman on RHONY, even her close friends, as competition. Like, if Sonja ever departed, I guarantee Ramona would go on WWHL to say: "Sonja had a good run. But her time has been and gone. We need some new blood with the exception of myself, of course. What do you think of my new boobs, Andy?" Ramona is ruthless and shameless, but that's what keeps her on the show.

Plastic wine glass, no? But yeah, I remember that barely making a ripple.

SHOOK. I didn't think it would be Eddie! And I'm sure both Wendy and Eddie's families AND their employers do not want them on the show.

Maybe this is why Wendy and Gizelle fell out. Because the GEBs would 100% be like

real housewives of beverly hills gif | WiffleGif

• Members

Ooh Potomac, come back soon! 

NYC: I echo the sentiments that it felt off having only 5 castmembers, and there's a bit of oddness with the 3 OG's teaming up with the younger newbies. In real life, you wouldn't see Leah/Eboni hanginig with the OG's... well, maybe Eboni, but Leah sticks out. 

I really like Eboni. She's smart, honest, funny, and has a great handle on things already. Of course, next week's vacation already looks like a shItshow that NYC is so famous for, but at first glance she makes an awesome new addition. 

Rolling my eyes at Leah calling Heather a Karen. Ugh. 

You hit the nail on the head. 

To tie it to a soap, it's like when Guiding Light introduced the island nation of San Cristobel as "escapism" from Springfield, not realizing that Springfield *IS* the viewer's escape. 

• Members

As I said, I don't question the fact she belongs on the show and brings great, if infuriating entertainment. Even when I am really mad at her, I 100% think she belongs.

And you deliver a really strong, if possibly too generous, defense of her I have to say swayed me a bit back from my irritation.

But, if she wasn't on TV, there would be no question she is a pretty awful person, at least in the way she behaves and treats others.