Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

This is so left field for me. Kristen doesn’t even live in NYC anymore! Her friends (Heather, Carole) are not part of this trip. She has the Ashley Madison scandal to deal with. These ladies already have their targets set on her. She is going to regret going on this trip so badly. 

Without Jill and Bethenny, and with Ramona and Dorinda in the fold, I am out. My life is too short for this negativity. 

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I watched the Dancing Queens premiere.

1. I wonder if it is a Canadian production given that half of the cast lives up north.
  2. I hate it when a reality show cast member always talks about how busy they are.  People who are actually busy have no time to pursue fame on a TV show.  And people who are really perfectionists wouldn't want to be on a messy reality show.
  3. It was cute, but not appointment TV for me.

• Members

I hope that this season becomes some sort or urban legend. The footage captured will be so politically incorrect, borderline racist, and problematic that Bravo decides never to air it. All we get is snippets of raw footage that the ladies leaked to Page Six from their iPhones. 

At the end, Dorinda will finally go to rehab and anger management. Ramona will finally be cancelled, despite all the producers do to protect her. Everyone will figure out Kelly is a lot smarter than she comes off. She is the straight man in the group, the actual voice of reason. 

…and Bethenny gets to say, “I told you so.”

• Members

While promoting her salad dressing, Bethenny has thoughts on the new RHUGT

Thanks! Obviously looks like a brand new show in all but name. I don't know how I feel about the cast on the strength of just this trailer (Jenna aside), but it does look gorgeous, and I will definitely check it out. It feels like a cross between RHODubai and Real Girlfriends in Paris. And the latter show was really not all bad (though mostly a glimpse into Gen Z-illennials' preoccupations and pressures).

Thanks for the heads up. Dancers do have intense competition schedules across the country, rehearsing multiple choreographies, etc,,  but I hear you about the whole 'working so hard' thing. Filming for reality TV is not the 5-6 days a week, 52 weeks a year, grind that we civilians do! Having your makeup done is not work either. I remember a clip from The Kardashians where Kim was sitting in a makeup chair and droning on the phone "I'm, like, working so hard right now." 

Edited by Cat

• Members

It doesn't matters where any of them live currently. It's basically another ex-wives club UGT, since none of them are on an ongoing Housewives show. They could be in Montana or Australia (Hi Alex!).  That said, it is kind of random since she was a 2-season wonder and didn't make a huge impact. 

• Members

It looks better than what I thought. I’m one of the few people who feels like the OG New York cast have exhausted their stories and were beginning to become repetitive and stale with all of the drinking and the same old petty arguments (UGT-style check-ins are fine), and I’m excited to have a more diverse cast where said diversity isn’t the most talked-about matter (hopefully). Ten-plus years is a great run for any show, and it’s time for a new perspective on America’s most important city.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

The new NY trailer....other then diversity of race, it's still filled with vapid and shallow women.  Maybe that's just NYC...all looks and no substance.

And if they're still airing season 4 of UGT after what Brandi allegedly did...then season 5 will be aired irregardless of what goes on.

And let's not forget all the classist things Gizelle said and did on season 3 of UGT (plus attempt to ruin men's reps with lies)...and she's still allowed to stay in the housewife fold.

Which is why maybe it's time for reality shows to exit stage left. 

• Members

RHONJ: Teresa Gets Married trailer:

Do you think they'd go for a Tinsley, or maybe Leah or Eboni, for the reboot?

Not to segue to the UGT version, but Peacock's post mentions the cast alongside some apples -- and also has two stray apples in the post. This has sparked speculation of two surprise appearances during the course of the trip. Could be Alex, Bethenny or Jill.

• Members

You're not the few -- a lot of people feel that way. Speaking for myself, I love the OG RHONY cast and am looking forward to seeing them again... but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't trepidatious about Dorinda. She kind of ahs exhausted my tolerance for her, and has deep bitterness/jealousy issues to work through still. And, of course, there's Ramona. 

I'm open to the reboot also and a diverse cast showing more of NYC as it actually is. What's crazy is watching early seasons of RHONY and the women sneering at Alex for living in Brooklyn. This was just before interest rates were slashed to 0% in 2008, blowing up real estate values to mega levels and damning a slew of New Yorkers to Generation Rent. Suddenly, Manhattanites with savings were like "Brooklyn is where it's at." And now 2-3 members of this reboot cast are wealthy Brooklynites.

How Dare You GIFs | Tenor

LOL many New Yorkers have substance (she says as an ex-New Yorker).

Lots to unpack in your post about UGT, Brandi being problematic, and Gizelle being allowed to run RHOP ragged. About the latter, I'm not sure what is going to happen this coming season, but surely the GEBs are on notice? Because that behaviour trying (and deeply failing) to pull the wool over Bravo and the viewers' eyes -- it's not sustainable for them.

Not sure I would throw out all reality shows, although it does feel like a pendulum has swung and viewers are returning to scripted content again. Personally, I enjoy both scripted and 'reality.' As far as the RH franchise itself is concerned... I have my worries, sure. Brian Moylan recently referred to it as "late-stage Real Housewives" so there is that feeling of end days. I'm trying to enjoy the shows while I still can, and hoping for a creative turnaround. Miami has given me a glimmer of hope in that regard. There can be second chances.

• Members

I know there are great people that live in NYC, I just wish they were selected to be on Housewives instead of what they keep picking LOL  Although I do faintly remember Jenna and she seemed cool.

I think the housewives franchise might need to go back to basics and select women that have actual lives going on outside of the group.  In the early version of the franchise (OC, in particular).. there were more individual narratives with some over-lap of group interactions.  Perhaps maybe go back to reality and not 'heightened reality'.