Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

As much as Ramona has entertained me these past 10 years of my life, seeing a strong liberal woman of color join the cast has me very happy. 

Meanwhile, Bravo is really pushing their narrative of Leah being this huge breakout star like she's Bethenny Frankel circa 2009. Tonight, Bravo is airing a "Best of Leah Moments." Lord... are 15 minute soaps back? C'mon. 

• Members

In regards to RHOP, was this originally a different show? The first season premiere seemed so different, and Karen was an absolute mess with all her etiquette talk and having a hissy about Gizelle being in the middle of the booth. I'm so not a Karen fan. I think she's just as fake as people attack Gizelle for being. Speaking of Gizelle, do you think she brought Jamal on this show to humiliate him? If it was for a fake storyline, she is smart enough to know her father and her daughters were not going to play along, and she has known for a while that her father badmouthed Jamal. I can't shake the feeling the Gizelle/Jamal story was fake, but it was fake to get her revenge on him. It also makes her look like a victim when his nonsense comes to light.

Leah is fine, but she's not why I tune in. I prefer Tinsley but that princess cruise has sailed. I tune in for Luann at this point. Sonja and Ramona I can do without (as we've seen lately, Sonja is one way on camera and one way off), but I think Luann is so three dimensional and has given so much to the show in the way of storyline and her personal life. The others have guarded themselves in various ways. Luann would never have pulled a Ramona "Shut it down" at the reunion when asked about anything. She may not have always been upfront, but she at least never kept certain things off camera like Bethenny, Dorinda, Ramona, and Sonja did.

Edited by chrisml

• Members

RHOA

Well...where there is smoke there is fire.

Post Page-Six article...someone is threatening legal action allegedly if that is made into a storyline this season. 

Shades of Denise Richards with more likeable people. 

POTOMAC

Yes, @chrisml it started off as a show about etiquette this and etiquette that. But by Season 1 reunion at the earliest, the girls let that idea go and gave their more real selves.

With Karen...yeah, I can see why people did not like her then. But like her wig shift, she shifted. For me, the first sign of humanity I saw when she gave the speech talking about sexual assault...something I can personally relate to. And I felt that was real then, and it STILL informs her now which is why her fight with Ashley last season on the trip resonates. One thoroughline for her.

The other thing I felt that changed her for me was dealing with the back to back death of her parents. She did a good job of mentioning them but keeping them hidden for the first two years, but first she had to be somewhat real about that (and those tax issues...eventually). And it showed. It definitely affected her going forward and as a man who has lost a parent I felt all of that. And my loss still resonates to this day and that anniversary is Halloween which was my favorite holiday. Some years it is. Most of the time I might go out for a day, but otherwise I just can't do it. Anyway...let me stop. But I felt Karen having to deal with that made her look over her life and she wanted to be different than how she was when the show started. 

Is she still extra? Of course...the best housewives are. But she definitely has been coming from a different place. And that place feels more genuine and God bless her for being different while still being what makes her her on this show. In fact, I feel the changes made her a better person. 

As for Gizelle, I wish I could say that she is doing this Mr. Chocolate storyline for revenge. But I just feel that she was hurt and has never picked up the pieces. And that she wants to be loved and appreciated in a way that Mr. Chocolate never did. The real question would be why. But Gizelle would never let anyone in to see why that is the case. 

Same. Easily my favorite. And while I do my slow binge of this past season, it's mostly because I love her and I can't wait to see what she does next. That Taurus/Gemini cusp showing.

And also like Chrisml said...she might not always be upfront, but she doesn't really hide anything either I have felt since I started to watch regularly. And I found her special so insightful. 

If Live and let live!! was a person...I would say her.

• Members

And Dallas was supposed to be a Ladies of Dallas show, where they did charity work, hence why Season 1 was all about charity

Please register in order to view this content

NYC was supposed to be Manhattan Moms, hence their first season being all about mothering their kids... although ironically enough, that was the more traditional 'housewives' show than it's ever been.  Speaking of, I wonder if Eboni is married and/or has kids... NYC has been all single ladies for so long now haha.

• Members

Looks like they got caught up in a Deniss/Luann Pirate type of situation lol! Tanya is currently in Canada quarantining so I’m wondering if she just ain’t coming back since she’s just a friend and obviously doesn’t want this shown. She also is going to miss Cynthia’s wedding now. 

• Members

I judge Gizelle a bit more harshly on this issue. No question it must have been terribly painful for her when she found out about his cheating and baby mamas. My question is, how can she ever trust him again? And I don't believe the 'keeping the family together' excuse because her daughters clearly do not care for him and are fine with it being them + their mom. Financially, the alimony should be covering their needs, because his parishioners are apparently obligated to give him 10% of their income!

And that 10% tithe screams SCAM to me. Everything about Mr Chocolate screams snake-oil salesman, and his megachurch appears to be structured to prey on people's faith and prise money out of them. Let's not forget that Gizelle was married to that for some years. She was a First Lady, by his side, there to make him look good in the eyes of the parishioners. She no doubt had to attend all the services and church-related events. Do we really think that Gizelle didn't know how the church was making ends meet financially?

At some point, you will be known by the company you keep. Now that she is back with him, people are going to associate her with his actions -- and his malfeasance. If I was part of his congregation, I would be asking questions about his involvement in the restaurant 'for his daughters' and what money was used. Gizelle chose to put a respectable face AND a TV camera on that, to make his business deal look anointed and legit. Once again.

It would be nice to see Gizelle fall for someone she loves and who loves her back. But from what I am seeing (Sherman, Jamal) she is picking guys with tenuous relationships to fidelity and honesty. She seems attracted to money more than anything else. If she is going to exclusively prioritize that in her relationships, well... 

Please register in order to view this content

Gizelle could do so much better. But right now she doesn't want to. 

ETA: btw, I am sorry for your loss, Taoboi. I hope you have a peaceful end of October this year.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Tanya???  That would surprise me, if so.  

I don't typically watch these episodes of housewives with other housewives commentating on repeats, but did anyone catch Wednesday night's episode of the very first episode of Season 1 of the OC?  Jo, Lauri and Lauri's daughter Ashley were commentating on the very first episode, which was awesome that Bravo decided to air during primetime.  I ended up watching it and it brought me WAY back to the good ol' innocent days of Housewives haha.  The three ladies looked great and seem to be doing well.  I would easily welcome Jo back now after all those years, and wouldn't it be cool if Ashley came on as a housewife, being the first daughter of and now housewife in history?  She fits the age demographic and already has camera experience.