• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Vulture always the best RHONY recap, and this part was so spot on-

"This is not necessarily behavior that is unique to Aviva, but what I find to be especially loathsome about her is that there is there is no philosophy or guiding principle behind what she does. She is just doing it to win in some vague way. She is doing it so that she will look good (question mark) and be right and be on a reality show. That is her only drive, and it is crass and craven.

There were two truly telling parts of the reunion last night that had nothing to do with Aviva’s leg (which I will only discuss to say that it was totally planned and rehearsed, and no matter what she says, she scripted the m—er f—er out of it).

The first was when she attacked Heather for talking like she’s “from prison” or “from the ghetto.” What Heather was really doing was swearing. Heather has a bit of swag that might come off like she’s trying to be hip-hop, but it’s really hip-hop in the way that it has been appropriated by white people for the better part of the last decade. She’s not trying to be “street,” she’s trying to be modern; and that modernity, for better or worse, contains more than a smidgen of black culture. Heather is not trying to fool anyone into thinking she’s from Compton (though Copiague is no Lindenhurst or Massapequa Park). What Aviva is really accusing her of is swearing and pretending like she’s over it. But then, when discussing the leg toss, she says she felt, “Well, F word this S word.” Now, does that mean Aviva thinks she’s street? How does she accuse someone of something in one breath and then do it the next? Because she is awful.

The second thing was when Ramona asked her a very appropriate and very insightful question. Ramona asked her how Aviva can be so nice and so vile at the same time. Basically, what Ramona was saying was that Aviva was nice to Ramona and then turned on her. Then she was nice to Carole and Heather and turned on them. If she has done this twice, what can we see in the pattern of how she treats people? Well, all Aviva heard was the word vile, and then she said, “The conversation ended when you called me a name.” This is after she has spent the last three hours calling people all sorts of names or somehow impugning their character in different ways, but then when someone calls her a name, oh, the conversation is off.

The only reason she ended it is because this conversation would entail her to have some sort of insight into herself and how she thinks and acts towards other people. I would hate to say that Aviva is incapable of doing that, because I would hate to think that any human is incapable of looking at herself and her behaviors and accounting for them. I just think that Aviva has no interest in doing it. There is no good explanation for why she behaves like she does. She has no real reason, and if she had actually answered Ramona’s question, the answer would have been found lacking. Instead of saying all that, she just deflects the question on a point of order."

http://www.vulture.com/2014/08/real-housewives-of-new-york-city-recap-season-6-reunion-3.html

• Members

Ugh Poorsha is still around? Can't that heffa fade into the background like the extra she is? Kenya looks good as does Cynthia! Can't wait to see these girls run the show while NeighNeigh tries so desperately to hold onto the crown that Kenya has rightfully yanked from her sausage fingers. Phaedra looks good also! I'm interested to see her sans prison bound Apollo.

Edited by MrPrezident

• Members

I hope Kenya gave Porsha no attention. This b*tch does not need another free ride by riding off Kenya's coattails for a story. #GirlBye

Demetria looks high as hell in that pic. Like she just got done snorting a line. ph34r.png

Phaedra.... ph34r.png

Kandi needs to stop wearing that hot pink lipstick. It ain't cute on her IMO.

Kenya, Claudia, and Cynthia look snatched and beat to the Gods! Yaass! wub.png

And I am not surprised about Nene not showing up. I see the women banning together (though they hate each other), and giving her the boot like they did in season 5. I don't see them standing for Nene getting special treatment and getting a check for much longer.

• Members

The one thing I don't like about the RHOA pictures is that it looks like they haven't brought back Marlo as I hoped. If they continue to pass on her then these new housewives better be AMAZING and nowhere near Mynique or Porsha levels of suck. I also think the lack of Nene with the ladies confirms what Tamara Tattles said from the beginning that she will just be a friend and not an actual housewife. Will be interesting to see how this season works out. Also curious that the return of Sheree hasn't panned out.