Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

HELL NO to Michale. Out of all the franchises, I have to say she was the WORST housewife. People rag on Kenya bc she wasnt real, but Michale was fake as hell and not entertaining at all. Kenya manufactured a fake bf storyline but she had several moments of genuineness and I felt her relationships with the various women were real. Michale was phony from start to finish. She was always putting on an act and couldnt even allow herself to be vulnerable with the other women bc it would "take her out of the scene" so to speak. She ruined DC and the reason it was cancelled. Her antics were not cute or funny and she went overboard with NO accountability for her actions. Even Kathy is better than her and you KNOW how I feel about Kathy

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I still hate Michaele for getting this show canceled, but she was a great housewife. I think that season was really strong and could've been better if Bravo wasn't so afraid of the controversy. Honestly, now you have husbands killing themselves and families ripped apart, their breaking into the white house is nothing compared to that. Bravo should've embraced it and let that show shine. People were watching too.

• Members
if that were the case, Bravo wouldn't have cancelled her show after one season. The White House stuff was taking things too far and brought bad buzz to the show. She was truly despicable and Id have liked to have seen DC without her antics overshadowing it Edited by Cheap21

• Members

IIRC, the reason Bravo canceled the show is because they wanted Michaele back and the other ladies banded together and refused to do the show if she continued on. They wanted that drama. I think it would've been better had they left the white house in the middle of the season (where it fell in filming), then show the fallout and the second half of the season with less Michaele and more of Erika. They would've gotten a midseason ratings jump with the white house stuff, t hen could've transitioned into a different kind of show once Michaele was out of the mix. Instead, Bravo wanted to center everything towards that white house dinner and thats the main thing people were pissed about.

• Members

I agree that I thought we only saw the first half of filming that ended with the White House scandal. Especially given that lots of stuff happened in the 2nd half like Mary's charity antics, Erika/Cat.. I could have seen including Erika as a housewife in season 2.

I think Bravo was too one track minded, and edited the show all wrong. The White House scandal could have gotten buzz going to get people to tune in.. then show-cased the other women and their lives to keep them in.

Cat was an outspoken witch (funny, but witchy), Lynda had great one-liners, Mary was ditzy, and Stacie was the normal one of the bunch... so I could see why all four banded together. Shame that Bravo couldn't see beyond the White house scandal. A show that ended before its time.

I mean, they could have written off Miami after their sucky first season.. but Bravo didn't.. and look how awesome season 2 was! Adriana/Joanna feud was made of gold.. and there was no staging to be had with that feud! I even liked Lisa.. she was sweet but when pushed she could stand up for herself! I'm intrigued to see if Ana will be bitchy like she was at the reunion.. or be more laid back like she was through-out the season. Did Marysol really get down-graded to 'friend of' status? Wouldn't the show have to film completely before making that decision?

• Members

They probably knew she couldn't sustain 6 weeks of viewers by herself. Honestly, there is nothing wrong with shorter seasons IMO. Especially for these specials. Treat them more like mini-series until you know they'll take off. I'd only go all the way with major stars like Nene and Teresa that will bring viewers.

For Kim's show I think it should definitely be one hour, but maybe six episodes instead of a full 13. If the six episodes do well you can always add a Lost Footage or a Reunion special or a combination of the two.