Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

NJ can still be tweaked if they added some new women who aren't connected to either of the "major" families. Frankly I'd get rid of Caroline, Jac, and Kathy and bring in 4 random but middle to high class society women to mix it up with Tre and Melissa.

Its really that simple. The problem is that the show started off being as the one HW franchise that was centered on "the family" and all the drama that surrounded the Manzos and Danielle.

Bravo would have to be very clever and subtle about branching out these ladies lives and introducing the extended cast. Plus hope for some great organic friendships and rivalries to develop along the way. Plus New Jersey is so small so I do wonder how feasible it would be....

• Members

Right now I am watching the last episodes of Season 3 ATL and once again I am reminded how furious Nene gets with everybody elses's projects and success. I watched Season 5 first and I thought she was ok, then Season 4 and I couldn't stand her stupid lines about being rich all the time (one of the trashiest things a person can do), or her carricature of a label-obsessed diva, or trying to hide her jealousy of Kandi as being offended by her projects. In Season 3 she nearly loses her mind on Kandi and Kim's bus and tries to make it all about her acting like a crazy person. She knows that Phaedra and Kandi existed successfully before the series and she can't forgive them for that. I guess she is a rather smart woman, but she has to realise that her biggest talents are her talking heads on RHOA and knowing how to make Andy and his friends laugh. And after "having arrived" thanks to a small part in a cancelled series nobody watched, I guess her opening line next year will be back "The dream is over - I have returned home-?

Edited by Elsa

• Members
but you said theres no way to reboot it and that's one way to go about it. Whether they would is a completely different issue, but there are options to move things along in a new directionand I will continue to support you in your efforts biggrin.png Edited by Cheap21

• Members

So Bethenny is claiming that she's met Kelly Bensimon plenty of times and yet she's never acknowledged her. And that she flirted with her ex boyfriend who's a famous photographer. Meanwhile Kelly claims that they've only met twice and that she doesn't really know B.....interesting.

I really am perplexed as to who's telling the truth here....perhaps it lies somewhere in the middle? Anyways there was so much tension between the two of them at that show during Fashion Week. Yet they were both looking very gorg....especially Kelly in her little black prep dress. So fierce.

I wish they'd get along but I do understand Bethenny's point of view and she does have a point....Kelly seems very intent on socializing with famous celebs....

EDIT: OMFG....Kelly not wanting her name on the charity WOW! So much drama!

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Members

With New Jersey I think it's smart to keep the cast the same if only because the show is so successful. However, in order to truly grow they need to add at least two new women to give the show a new dynamic. Eventually people will get tired of the same ole same ole and they need to have a backup plan BEFORE things go haywire. This season they should've for sure had Jennifer Dalton and even Kim D as official new housewifes just to give us something fresh. If I see a trailer with mainly just the main five and it's the same ole same ole, then I know I won't be tuning in full-time. Last season I think I watched only five episodes here and there.

• Members

I dont think thats a way to reboot it, because even bringing in one, two even three new ladies with no ties - while never happening - wouldnt change the dynamics. They would still choose a side.

Now, if they fired every but teresa, or fired teresa, maybe there would be a shift but i dont see it lasting. These women play roles, fictional versions of themselves, and they are not likely to change that. Many former wives and a few currnt ones have even commented on them knowing what producers - and their fans want - and doing what needs to be done to make that happen. So even with a slew of new wives and teresa, she would cause a battle line because her being the agressor against someone or being the odd one out needing to fight is her role and she knows it.

NJ is very different than the other series in that is central on family. I dont think a move away from that would be good for them. What they have works for the majority of the audience.

It sounds like the best way to reboot NJ might be what Bravo did this season - call in some pro help for these ladies and let them know they need to shape up and give them something new. Ive read that it happened, we will see.

• Members

RHOC (new, now that i am all caught up!)-

Tamra, tamra, tamra. Where do I begin? It is going to sound like I hate her - and i guess i kind of do, but i also LOVE her and am so glad she is on this show. That said, this attention seeking drama queen! Like the eff was up with her getting up and running from the table in tears, making a scene? Then returning as if nothing happened. I just cant. It was glorious. Then she takes Vicki aside at the party to talk and hash things out. Fine, that was good, but then she basically lies to Eddie and gretchen about it, not to mention her acting on her blog like Gretchen didnt want her and Vicki to make up when Gretch clearly pushed for her to say hello and be nice to her. Now, Gretchen has every right to worry about what the future would hold for her and Tamra if Tamra and Vicki became friends again after the way they treated her for so long.

Speaking of, how glorious was it when Gretchen called Vicki out on how it feels to have everyon trash her, her relationship, her man, and attack, ambush and even lie about them? I did not expect Vicki to own that and agree it was similar, and you could tell it killed her, but she did it because its the truth.

Eddie is a mean girl at heart. He and tamra are perfect together.

Alexis... no comment, because i didnt watch her scenes. lol.

I do think that from the talking heads and blogs it is clear that Gretchen and Tamra have a falling out. Tamra is already lying in her talking heads and her tone about Gretchen is off, so you know they were filmed after their falling out. The new girl also goes in hard on Gretchen in her blogs and interviews, so she hates her. This is looking like it will turn out everyone versus Gretchen with Heather playing a Jeanna type role of not taking sides. I was surprised by how hard Vicki went in on Tamra in her blog as I know they were together last week in new york when Vicki was on WWHL.

• Members

I know many were going crazy over ATL's reunion, but I wasn't impressed. They had a lot to live up to after season four and I found it entertaining, but like this entire season it was mostly just "meh." Last season had better fashions and even at the end of part one (which I just finished) you had so much crazy drama. The way everybody shaded Sheree was legendary, the fight between Nene/Sheree, Phaedra giving it to Sheree, Neverland and then Marlo perfectly slaying everybody in her way, looking fabulous while doing it.

I found myself disappointed in many of Porsha, Phaedra and Kenya's comebacks, but Phaedra did the best job of trying to keep up. Overall, this group of women doesn't have as good chemistry. This unit leaves Nene with nothing to do which is why this season didn't work for me. I enjoy Kenya, but she's obviously acting and not being herself. I miss Nene having Sheree and Kim and all the history so she could go crazy on them.

Whatever happens next season needs a Nene-centric shake up. Someone who can be a more interesting friend than Cynthia and a new rival for her. She needs to be at the forefront. I also will never stop wanting Marlo back.