The bloodbath that is OLTL

• Members

It's really bizarre. And add to that--I wasn't too excited for the upcoming custody battle, but they did seem to be building it into the story of the Spring. How much anticipation does that leave anyone knowing three (four?) of the major players involved are gone in a month? So instead the major Spring stories will be... Messica in High School? The musical? Langston on her Ford? :unsure::wacko: These will be the May Sweep stories?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My theory in progress is that it started with an ontop decision to get rid of Stacy and minimize Rex/Gigi. Most likely, the original custody battle planned was between Stacy and Fish/Kyle. The decision then was to go for Kim/Clint against Kyle/Fish, building Kim into a viable heroine -- but AS declined. I suspect higher ups wouldn't okay any of the other storyboards, and didn't want to recast Kim, so they aborted the whole story, letting most of the supporting players in it go. (I think that what is behind FF's myspace meltdown as well)

• Members

I don't think they will minimize Rex and Gigi. ABC is continuing to hype JPL. I think that someone decided the reason Rex and Gigi have lost so many fans is because of the story. The low ratings were also blamed on the story, and on the gay wedding story, instead of other big flops, like Todd/Tea/overaged miracle child, Langston/Ford, etc. So now everyone in the story with Rex and Gigi will go and we will probably get big attempts to show up why we loved Ballsack in the first place.

• Members

Still think they are clearing out lots of little salaries to make room for Alicia minshew and thorsten kaye....hmmm, maybe they will shock us nad have them play Zach and Kendall, even though he's REALLY patrick...(Claudia Corrinthos, anyone??)

Archived