DC Uncasting Blind Item

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There are several law-related clues, which is more Tea than Taylor.

I just wonder if she goes if pointless retcon Danielle will go with her, since I think that story is the one that was the last straw for some viewers. Probably not, since she's one of Todd's kids...

• Members

It is Tea, of course. No surprise.

As I told them at DC, Tea generates board discussion and online fan interest but she has not generated ratings while frontburner in this last year. I like FL a lot, I don't want to see her go, I thought she came back fierce with a great part to play, but when Todd's court case fizzled the character went soft again; it went back to trying to whitewash her and Todd, and pretend they were "the greatest love story ever told" instead of truly twisted people. This has happened before to equal ratings failure; gauzy love scenes, music montages, rings and babies and weeping, all for Todd and Tea, and no one cares. Because that's not what got people excited about Tea at the end of 2008 - people were excited by Tea, are still excited by FL when she is acting up, doing crazy [!@#$%^&*] to win or get what she wants by any means necessary, no matter who she has to hurt or how much muck she has to rake. When people talk about Tea they talk about her in the courtroom or her crushing Todd's balls in her fist, not the wedding, not Todd's declaration of love, not crying over Danielle. Tea did not give a [!@#$%^&*] and that's what excited people and revitalized the character. Then they threw her back into the same tired merry-go-round of propping and excuses with Todd, pretending the two of them were saintly heroes and that it was all the dayplayers' fault, forcing FL to support Todd's broken character and a huge, bad story. An audience can sense dishonesty, and it can sense a go-nowhere, bullshit romance that betrayed the characters and our intelligence. That's what Todd and Tea Part III were.

I'd much rather see her stay and let the character get back to what she's good at - scheming, lying, beating people in court and causing trouble. FL is a force to be reckoned with on a soap. It's just that OLTL has always failed at realizing how to use her well long-term. They try to force Tea Delgado into the mold of a typical soap heroine, whose wrongs are righted and choices made pure, and that's not who she is. Todd and Tea can't be Ryan and Greenlee.

• Members

I'd like to know TSJ's view on this. He seems uninterested most of the time but after a while he really checked out of the Todd/Tea stuff, especially that awful wedding. I guess he only likes the more lighthearted or pervy stuff with Todd. Before then there was a lot of talk that Todd and Tea were so much more lively than Todd and Blair, but ultimately the woman is irrelevant with Todd. Now Kelly is filling that space. It's sort of like John and women, the only difference is that I did genuinely enjoy John/Blair, before they were thrown aside.

• Members

I think at this point it's all the same to TSJ; who can he play Todd as perving on, as the jolly sexual predator. He plays scenes with all the women, including GT, the same. I think his only interest at this point is improvisation and reminding people Todd has no soul. Which frankly I can believe given Tarty - I don't begrudge him his accurate description of the character as a sociopath, given what happened in 2008 - but in terms of salvaging Todd's character, keeping Todd frontburner as a lead the writers should've fixed this by now. They haven't, they just pretend they're writing for a hero while TSJ plays whatever he wants. The difference is he's telling the truth. I actually still enjoy him in isolated scenes, including with GT, I think he still crackles with ideas and banter, but the overall character is repugnant. His "not taking life seriously" approach would've been a lot more charming with a character who hadn't thrown his child down a flight of stairs, tried to steal her baby and raped the same woman twice.

• Members

If it is FL, it makes sense. They killed the Tea/Todd romance and for some inexplicable reason he is involved with two Lord women. Brody may be saved by a pairing with Kelly after Jessica goes with Christian.

I don't think that Dani is going anywhere because she is the only teenage girl on the canvas and they seem invested in her and her budding romance with Matthew.

This leaves SH as a loose thread. I still think that ABC is holding onto her in hopes of persuading TK to joining OLTL down the line. If that doesn't happen, she will be out.

• Members

Greenlee is also a pale shell of the spitfire vixen she should be when she's just the generic "victim" heroine for generic soap "heroes" to save. That's why I have found her and David together to be so refreshing, because they accept each other "as is" and are fiercely loyal to those they truly love. TnT are best also when it's the two of them against the world, so I'm hoping FL hasn't been cut!

• Members

Heck, even Ryan & Greenlee can't be "Ryan & Greenlee." Everybody I know is rooting for Greenlee to be paired with David, and Ryan to be paired with a pair of concrete boots at the bottom of the ocean.

I love Florencia. This is a shame. Why can't mega-bucks Easton get the boot? Or Susan Haskill? *ducks to avoid onslaught of fan anger*

• Members

Can't say that I would be surprised if it is FL (Tea). Her character has been a bust from the beginning. I mean they actually had her defend Todd against the crap that he did to Marty!!! WTF!! Given Tea's history, I don't believe that should would defend Todd for that. Also she manipulated Starr to get Todd off. Again, if Tea really loved Starr there is no way she would have done this. Then they just threw her into a sexual relationship with Todd (out of nowhere). They never really bothered to build a relationship between the two. It was so forced and boring. It was a bootycall plain and simply. They they started talking about true love and a love child- again out of nowhere. The storyline didn't make any sense and it wasn't very interesting. Also FL and TSJ really don't have any chemistry. I just ignore them or FF them!!!

T&T= massive failure!!!!

Archived