DC Uncasting Blind Item

• Members

This really sucks. I love FL and think she's a great actor. This explains

why she has been brushed aside as of late. I must say I've been enjoying the show

less and less lately and with all the firings I guess that's not about to change anytime soon.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think they will kill Tea off. While pointless deaths of female characters are becoming an OLTL staple, this one would be even more pointless, as we would just get Todd shrugging. I think Tea may leave to protect Danielle from Ross, or she may leave because of Todd.

I think the Todd/Tea/Danielle and Ross mess was one of OLTL's biggest failures last year, yet somehow I doubt we will hear anyone telling TV Guide that caused a ratings drop.

Tea could have been something fun, but unfortunately they don't see Tea that way. And now they won't be able to write for her at all.

I hope Susan, Mark, Brian, and possibly a few of the longer running vets are ready.

• Members

Now ol' Jamey is claiming OLTL is refusing to acknowledge her ouster because they are clashing with the network over it. ABC wants FL out, OLTL wants her to stay.

He (and I believe Anthony Langford) also said RC was lobbying to save Kish as well, but as for Tea, if you put a gun to my head I'd much rather watch them fight for Kish and Rachel than more Tea. I like FL a lot, but she had a year on the frontburner.

• Members

I don't think they'll kill off Tea either, I think she is potentially useful to them alive, even if off the canvas (for now). But how typical would it be for them to "kill" off Tea forcing Dani into Todd's comforting arms. :rolleyes: Or better yet, have Tea leave "for Dani's best interests" or some selfish reason putting a bad taste for her mother in Dani's mouth.

• Members

They had supposedly planned to kill her in February if she'd not picked up her extension. Remember Todd dreaming that Mitch could hurt her and Danielle? I'm not counting out the possibility.

Interesting though that today's show has Blair mothering Dani, again.

• Members

It makes you wonder who will go if FL stays? A lot of Tea weeping and wailing over Todd and their miracle child -- if this is the best OLTL has for Tea than why do they want to keep her.

I think Florencia is an entertaining actress and very charismatic but I have never seen her as a big name for the show. Most of that is down to awful writing, but for all the show's obvious love for her character and her relationship with Todd, ratings tanked when this great love and their brat began dominating airtime.

• Members

Tea's much bigger online and in the last 12 months than she ever was offline before. She's a fun character, she does crazy [!@#$%^&*] and people love to blog about it. But that has never translated to ratings and certainly not last year, when they used her in all the wrong ways. I fear that if RC got to keep her he would continue to fail to understand the problem.

• Members

I do remember the big hubbub over Tea but it seemed like that fizzled around last summer, although that's only on the few boards I frequent. I think bringing in Danielle and the idea of making Tea/Todd into a fated long-suffering couple and Ross were hugely damaging to any real value she could have brought. It became about righting some type of wrongs the show had in their minds, like that pathetic story where this time Blair went out the window, only we were clearly told it wasn't Tea's fault.

• Members

I couldn't tell if that was the newer fans responding to Tea, or the older fans reacting to this fresh, fiery, funny incarnation of the character who was no more like her former self than David Vickers was like his. Probably a mix of both. But like with any other female, hang around with Todd long enough and your life becomes less and less and less about you.

• Members

I don't want to generalize but I think a lot of it was new fans, and I think this also gave someone at the show carte blanche to rewrite huge chunks of Todd/Tea/Blair history. The problem is what was the benefit of these rewrites? Danielle? Gee thanks. And who could forget about Ross and the canoe?

They have had chance after chance over the years to write Tea as something beyond Todd's property but they never take the chance. If she stays and she remains Todd's property it's just a waste of her talents.

I don't know why every couple on this show has to be written as fate and true love and as good and innocent. This is a surefire way to hollow out a couple and slowly drive away their fans. Just look at some of the show's most popular couples of yesteryear, like Cord and Tina, Max and Gabrielle. They were never this weird type of let's have everyone sit around and talk about how precious they are/let's turn decent characters insane to show us their love.

• Members

I have a feeling it's FL....there should be A LAW against it...then on twitter he said "i strongly OBJECT to this" and another hint was "i rest my CASE"

and the one that gave it away for me was:

"No Taxation W/out Representation!".....a slogan from the boston TEA party...bye bye Tea!

Archived