DC Uncasting Blind Item

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Florencia is an entertaining actress with the right material but I can't say I will miss Tea. She has no one and is nothing. It's Todd. That's it. She was on the show from 97-99 and her entire story was devotion to/obsession with Todd. The only time this wasn't true, aside from her intro, was when Roger Howarth quit. They tried to move Tea on with that confusing story about Roseanne's father and then the go nowhere pairings with Sykes and RJ but it was not a whole lot and then Florencia left.

Now Tea returns and in no time at all, it's Todd again. Even worse, they took a story which some fans saw as fun and sexy and turned it into long-suffering emo angst and woe, Todd's entire family telling him Tea was perfection, Tea and her secret shame, Tea weeping at their wedding as...Todd talked about being horny. Depending on the day, Todd was either in love with Tea or Todd was horny and just wanted a nice piece. Tea then got the Ross story, which initially made her look insane, as the Ross she described was not what viewers saw. Suddenly Ross did become that man, but even then, the whole thing was so crappy and clumsy, with the last straw being this instadaughter who screwed up the family timeline. And then we get more months of angst and people talking about how perfect Todd and Tea are for each other.

Every time they try to make Tea into the long-suffering goddess martyr, viewers recoil, yet this has happened again and again.

For me it's not even about Blair vs Tea because Blair has also been ruined (although I know some will say she was never any good, or wasn't after Mia Korf left), and I won't be surprised if KDP is gone soon. Clearly Kelly is the new Todd piece.

So to Tea, "popular" and all, I would say -- no big loss. It just sucks that yet another woman on this show is punished for bad writing and for an emotionally dead leading man.

Archived