Most frustrating/annoying retcons

• Members

Yes, but Paige was also not on the show for a year, and the less than a year she was on was something like 15 years ago. Paige was a blank slate, and I always thought an evil twin for Emily was something they should have done. They basically had a road map to recreating Natalie/Janet from AMC with Emily's evil sister taking over her life. We know so little about Paige they could have said Emily's father never actually died too (Paige lied) and he could have come sniffing around the money too. I am really surprised they didn't do these things years ago. Emily could have even a greedy Aunt out to claim her. Long lost twins are sort of standard operating procedure, don't you think?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think there's a purpose in having a long lost twin for a character unless a) the woman who plays the roles is a strong enough actress (I don't believe Livingston was -- I don't even think she could play Emily) and b ) there is a story, which there was not. No one cared about Rebecca taking over Emily's life because the Quartmaines are basically gone and Tyler Christopher was not even trying to phone in his work with Livingston on her return. It would be like if Natalie had died and then Janet showed up for a few months to fleece money out of Palmer, never to be seen again.

We knew enough about Paige to know that she loved her daughter and did everything she could to protect her. Yet never, not even on her deathbed, did she tell Monica that she had another daughter out there? To me that doesn't make her a blank slate. She was in the most primary position to tell about a missing child and she never did.

All they did was trash yet another acclaimed story, which was, knowing Luza, probably one of the main goals.

Archived