Most frustrating/annoying retcons

• Members

:lol: This is so true. For some reason GH is the show that bothers me the most when it comes to the lack of continuity. They careen from one plot point to the next hoping that the audience has a short attention span. B&B is probably worse when it comes to characters changing their personalities and allegiances on a dime just to fit the plot, but B&B is also known for that and for it's camp, so I deal with it. I used to expect more from GH, but until that show changes writers it's not going to happen.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The GH retcons are often offensive and yet in the long run absolutely pointless, the most recent being that Paige sold one of her babies, all to push a character who was not even on the show for a year. And all the awful contortions of history for...Ethan? Really?

• Members

I think most of my irritation with that was that it became so damn convoluted and confusing when the initial idea was a good one. All they wanted to do was to make Roman's recast less of your typical "random new actor playing your favourite part" and actually work it into the story, which was a smart idea. But after the 4th retcon, I stopped caring, tbh. And probably, so did everyone else.

• Members

years? More like months. She went from man to man with a few months in between at the most

AMC

Krystal having a secret kid...Marissa. She sold one child so she could provide for the other yet she raised Babe dirt poor. What did she sell her for, a life supply of thongs?

AMC/OLTL/GH

Skye's paternity and maternity. ABC turned this into one big clusterf--k which till this day they still have not resolved

GH

Sam's paternity. Guza seems to like to leave character's paternities up in the air and then never going back to finish it up.

• Members

GH- Luke had an affair with Holly. this annoyed be mostly because ethan is such a god awfully boring character, that i dont see why it was worth it to mess with what USED to be a happy couple, for him.

GH-Laura killed Rick, but really Scott did it...(come on, weSAW that one GH!)

GH- Diego Alcazar ISNT dead and he is back avenging his father (which would have been FINE, but it was a HORRIBLE way to kill off Georgie. Saying she "got in the way", and he had to kill her? When he was supposed to be in love with her for all that time?? stupid)

I'll add more as i think of them.

• Members

By the time Shirley Partridge appeared to explain how he was Stefano's brother, I know I didn't, lol. Especially when 1) we know there's no such thing as a definitive explanation where DAYS and John Black's origins are concerned (believe me, in a few years, if/when Drake returns, we'll find out that backstory was hokum, too!); and 2) I've always believed making him Stefano's offspring, not sibling or anything else, is the juiciest, most logical explanation.

• Members

This thread is making my belly knot! It's hard to pick the worst when they're all so bad. The BnB had a three day funeral for taylor hayes (who'd died for the second time, mind you). We watched her shooting. We heard the doctors say there was no hope there was too much damage. We saw her husband hold her in his arms for some time after she died. We saw her in her coffin each day. He kissed her good bye - I believe before the coffin was closed.

Later, we found out that Prince Omar hopped into his magic jet and somehow brought with him from Morocco a team of doctors to revive taylor, who apparently had a faint heartbeat that no one else detected - she'd only slipped into a coma. Prince Omar had her body in the morgue with a wax dummy... no one noticed. No one noticed the wax dummy in her open casket for days.

For whatever reason, every time Brad Bell is ready to blow the credibility of this show, he does it big... and taylor or a taylor spawn are usually at the helm.

• Members

Basically most stories done on daytime soaps the past 5-10 years. One ridiculous ret-con after another. All that amounts to a serious lack of creativity from these people who like to refer to themselves as "writers".

I think Erica's unabortion and Dixie being brought back from the dead only to be killed off by pancakes a year later ranks up there too.

• Members

That pancake death is probably on top of my list of most insulting causes of death of any beloved character in Daytime. EVER. Mind you, if it happened on Passions it'dve made perfect sense, but that's a whole other beast.

Archived