All Soaps: One good cry

• Members

Watching the OLTL's history of Viki's DID on youtube made me look up other soap moments. I came across Nash Brennan's funeral. The writing for that scene was so perfect! I couldn't believe Nat betrayed her family for Jared, and then Nash's death.

By the time Jess is sobbing about having her last memory be of his broken body, I was sobbing like a baby. What a beautifully written scene - even if it was a bit heavy.

What was the soap moment that caused you to shed a tear or two? Have you ever been that moved a soap?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't cry at soaps much, but have a few times, one of those times was on Days of Our Lives, when John left Isabella to go to Marlena, I think it was when he was still believing he was Roman. Those were such good scenes

Also when Megan was dying on OLTL :(

• Members

A few:

- When Ridge gave Caroline the charm bracelet on B&B and she realized he knew she was dying

- Emmerdale. Matthew King's funeral, especially the moment where his fiancee Anna stopped to look at his grave, then drove away.

- Emmerdale. Butch Dingle slowly dying in the hospital, as his beloved Emily married him.

- Eastenders. Sharon's screams as she held dying Dennis in her arms. Sharon clawing at her face as Dot quietly pleaded with her to stop ("Sharon...your face..."). Sharon asking Phil how she could live without Dennis.

- GL. Vanessa's wail of, "Oh, Maureen!" when she learned Maureen was dead.

- ATWT. Margo's devastation as she pulled the plug on Casey.

- ATWT The montage ATWT put together for Doug Marland's birthday.

- ATWT The cast singing "Always" for Nancy's and Chris's 50th wedding anniversary

- Loving Gwyn's offscreen cry of anguish as she went to the police station to learn yet another of her family members had been murdered.

- Loving Gwyn's last moment of madness, especially when she was hearing the voices in her head "I know, I know..." "I can't bear your pain, Stacey!"

- OLTL When Jenny Wolek gave her little daughter Mary back to Katrina Karr. Just unbearable, especially as she had to pretend that she was going to still be a part of Mary's life when she knew she could never really be near her ever again.

- OLTL Megan's death

• Members

I think I cried the most when Bridget visited Maureen's grave in that SUPERB funeral episode.

Maureen's death might have caused some longterm damage simply because JFP wanted to hire Justin Deas, but I thought it produced some of the best writing and acting soaps have ever seen.

• Members

Steve Solwolsky's death on Loving. I was a college freshman and I was in my dorm room crying so hard and loud that the other girls on the floor thought that I really lost a friend named Steve. I sat in my loft bunk, clutching a pillow and yelling "No Steve! Stay! Please stay! Trisha needs you!" My poor roommate had to keep answering the door when concerned neighbors knocked to check on me. LOL!

• Members

I concur with Khan. In the past decade the times I've shed a tear or two have been due to the agony of terrible story telling.

Going back, this made me cry like a baby...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Members

I honestly don't remember whether I cried or not at some of the saddest scenes I saw (like Stone's death on GH or Tony grieving over BJ's body). But I do remember crying when EON killed off Jeff (faux Sky Whitney) Brown. Damien Tyler shot him to death. They were in Switzerland and Raven held his body in her arms and cried. And I hated seeing Larkin Malloy leave the show because he was my favorite. Didn't know at the time he'd return as the real Sky Whitney. Ah, the agony and ecstasy of no spoilers!

• Members

When Cassie died on Y&R. After Nick sang to her and the camera pulled away with the theme of Y&R I just could not keep it in.

Weird story but true. When I was a teen, my friends were trying to get me to watch Knots Landing. So the first show I watched was this character Sid dying and I could not believe how much his death bothered me and I didn't even know this character. That the first and last episode I ever watched.

Archived