February 15-19, 2010

Toups

• Members

I wonder, I wonder... Where on Earth were you Saving ATWT when ATWT needed you? Meaning 10 or 15 years ago, when it all started going down the sewer?! You remembered it needed saving when it got cancelled?! There's no saving now when the patient is dead. We could spend an eternity talking, discussing and dissecting what kind of symptoms did the patient have, what his blood tests were like, but there are other patients coming and our ER department is rather busy these days.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank you!

I am not sure why he keeps saying ATWT is in the position it's in because of B&B. Is he mad because it took ATWT's spot, coming on after Y&R? ATWT outrated B&B for the show's first few years, and up until the mid-late 90's. ATWT is in the spot it's in because of itself. If the show had been any good under Jean Pissy, it wouldn't have mattered what show was its lead-in.

• Members

While I admire your tireless devotion to ATWT, to even compare ATWT to B&B is ridiculous. ATWT has been CANCELED and B&B has been RENEWED for 2 more years. As with all the remaining soaps we'll just have to wait and see what happens. DAYS' ratings growth has been nothing short of a miracle so anything can happen.

• Members

I compare ATWT and B&B because both shows have lost a massive amount of viewers over the last two years. In addition, the two shows rate at the bottom of the pack in all key demos. Not long ago, B&B was 500,000 viewers ahead of it's clostest competitor; today, the show is at 2.4 HH and almost tied low-budget with Days. I also compare the two shows because two years ago (2007-8), ATWT rated 2.4 for the season which is exactly where Bold currently rates. It isn't that I'm all that devoted to World Turns: I am pointing out that the two shows are trending in the exact same direction. No show has come close to surpassing a Bell show since 2002 and now Days is a serious contender. My point has been more about the fall of B&B than anything pertaining to ATWT. Come September, B&B with be the 'old people' show and come in at last place in 18-49 meaning the show is far from healthy.

• Members

The majority of the soaps are trending downward to your point Saving ATWT. I get what you are trying to say but singling out B&B as the only show falling in the ratings is a little unfair. As I said in my earlier post we'll just have to wait and see what happens but I think we should be more supportive of the shows we still have.

Archived