Amanda Setton leaving OLTL

• Members

I'm not as much of a Farah hater as everyone else but she is DEFINITELY not the best actor under 30. I think that honor would have to go to Scott Clifton (Schuyler). I also find most of the other under 30s more convincing than Farah on most days, with the possible exception of John-Paul (Rex). If you were going for just girls, Melissa Archer (Natalie) and Bree Williamson (Jessica) are definitely better than her. I judge on overall talent, cause everyone has bad days no matter what the job, but Farah seems to have a lot of them. Maybe she's good but just not committed to the material, which is just as bad in its own right.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Neither Bree Williamson or Melissa Archer are under thirty...but yeah, they (even MA, who I normally think gives performances akin to community theater) are both better than Fath. If she's truly the best under-30 actress on the show, then they (including her) all need to fired.

• Members

I'm not sure if that's the deal.. BUT... I admit that, from what I saw of her (not a regular DAYS viewer), I sort of couldn't stand her. And sometimes I think it's the kind of public exposure actors get. SOD rubs our noses in DAYS actors with tons of non-story... and that's because of their editor's.. well... we'll call it lack of objectivity. But I think the kind of exposure Fath was getting, while ample, wasn't doing her any huge favors in terms of how people received her. So when I heard she was coming to OLTL, I was really apprehensive.

But once I started watching her on-screen, I gradually changed my mind. Some people say she over-emotes and they find her facial expressions exaggerated, pouts / sighs, etc... But, funny thing for me is, her Gigi actually reminds me of someone my partner and I know - a somewhat eccentric friend of ours. So we find her believable, though certainly not conventional. Also, what may have aided our reception to her is that neither of us bought into the Rex / Adrianna pairing...

No, she's not rushing her way to the stage at the Oscars. But she's able to create something that isn't typical, perhaps even a little polarizing to some... and I think that makes her interesting. And all of that overexposure, I can't blame on her.

• Members

Probably. OTOH, DAYS and OLTL have made the same mistake of thinking FF, a light comedic actress at best, can handle heavy, dramatic material. Rex and Gigi, in particular, should have been to OL what Eugene and Calliope were to DAYS back in the '80's: a crazy, goofy, funny couple who are there as comic relief and supporting players to others' melodramas. Instead, they got saddled with Stacy, which, in order for that to work at all (and I'm sorry, but it didn't), they had to be robbed of both personality and common sense.

Archived