Amanda Setton leaving OLTL

• Members

I wonder if any backstage goings-on had anything to do with it. It was widely speculated that Farah and JP hated Crystal Hunt and helped to get her out of there. It didn't look like many castmates showed up at her 'going away' party. (Farah and JP were definitely absent). Maybe Amanda Setton wasn't in a good situation because she was hired as 'Stacy's friend'. LOL.

The show was definitely writing for her, so it isn't like she could claim she wasn't being featured enough.

I do think Amanda Setton is extremely talented and would easily become a lead on a new CW show. She already worked on GOSSIP GIRL.

She will be missed!

They better not recast and just cut their losses. I can't picture watching a newbie try to convince me she cared about the baby, when her and Stacy never had a scene together.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This stinks.  Kim is one of the few reasons to watch the show.  If this is tue, then I really hope they do recast.  The character is damn near vital right now (although her leaving does clear the way for a Clint/Viki reunion.)

• Members
I don't want them to recast Kim. I don't think lightning strikes in the same place twice. They should cut their losses. I guess the actress knew she wasn't going to stick around for long. She used the show for her benefit. I admire AS.

• Members

They almost have to recast.  Between the custody battle for Stacy's baby coming up, with her and Clint rumored to be playing a large role in...and the new stripper friend Stacy and Kim's that supposed to be coming soon, I would imagine that the show needs Kim there.

• Members

Perhaps she realized not knowing how to cry won't serve you well on daytime. (Not that it hurt some other actresses)

I liked her with Clint but overall Kim is a generic enabler who often seems like the long lost Kardashian sister. I will not be upset if this leads to a stripper free OLTL. They don't exactly give strippers a great name anyway.

• Members

I agree with the Kardashian sister...Maybe we will see her pop up on that show next, LOL.

I agree that the Kim we have right now is pretty generic and doesnt have many ties with anyone, but I always thought she could be incorporated nicely into the cast...Guess we'll never know.

• Members

I thought the character was contrived and AS's acting ability was dubious from the beginning, but I can't pretend that I didn't begin to appreciate what she was bringing to the show. There were shades of OTT Erica/Tina that no other vixen in recent history has quite had. I did look forward to seeing her get Clint to put a ring on it and see how that went over with his daughters and exes. Although not as well acted, I find her less annoyingly acted than AMC's Annie in a similar s/l for example.

Maybe she'll be recast, maybe not. But with her gone, just maybe those thought dead Morasco parents will show up to claim their grandkid. :unsure:

Archived