Amanda Setton leaving OLTL

• Members

According to Daytime Confidential she quit.

http://www.daytimeconfidential.com/2010/02/21/breaking-news-amanda-setton-quits-one-life-to-live

I am just going to cut and paste my comment from there:

Very, very, VERY smart move. The girl is hot, talented, and has a great (and different look).

Why waste your time on daytime's lowest rated(even though it does not deserve to be) soap?

And I am a huge OLTL fan (and its the only soap I still watch)

But in her case, I respect her decision and was expecting this to happen.

HUGE loss for OLTL and it makes me loathe the chick who plays Gigi even more.

OLTL really needs to get some strong actors in the under 30 set. Huge loss. Amanda would have been a huge asset to OLTL.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Smart woman turning down that contract and raise. She was far too talented for OLTL which likes to feature and reward bad actors. Amanda is far better off trying for prime time than staying with the dreck that is OLTL. If it doesn't work out in prime time, she can always come back to OLTL if it is still on the air. OLTL is the worse ABC soap and is stupidly run. They should have offered her a contract from jump, but as usual they only like to chase after people who can't act.

• Members

If they are really diving in deep with the custody battle, I think Kim will be recast. I can't see Kim just leaving town out of the blue. She'd want to keep an eye on Stacy. But maybe they'll kill her off. I wouldn't be surprised if one of Mitch's followers took her out.

• Members

Or keep Daphne! I don't think they should recast. The role doesn't require it. This makes me wonder if they let DD go so they could offer her the money. I'm just guessing but if that is the case I don't feel bad for tiic. I wish AS well. She will probably do well.

Archived