Amanda Setton leaving OLTL

• Members

I think she's less annoying because Clint is not written as feeble and sad which I think has been a part of the Adam/Annie relationship. I think that story had potential but I'm not entirely sure it would have gone somewhere even if Amanda had stayed. Not if she was built up as some hot young thing. I can quickly imagine her in a story where she decides to seduce Rex as revenge for Stacy, blah blah blah.

This whole Stacy and friends story has been so shallow and had this strange tacky vibe.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree that Stacy wasn't a character worthy of spun off friends. And again with the propping of unsavory characters... a character is defined by what he or she does and we'll base our opinions of them on that, not by creating friends for the character to convince us that we should sympathize with them.

• Members

I can't blame him. Working on recurring means he has the freedom to leave whenever he wants (should he want to), whereas contract actors must wait til their contract expires or face a breach of contract lawsuit. But there are pros and cons to both.

Yes, I agree. She probably saw One Life as a short-term gig, and when they offered her a full-time deal, she decided to bolt.

• Members

OLTL is the sweetest gig in daytime for an actor on recurring. Generally speaking, they are very good to their recurring cast. They work the front burner as much as the folks on contract so a recurring actor *may* feel that he or she is getting a little cheated out of a contract player's salary, but as said, that's also the price of freedom.

Archived