Gordon Russell's Work on OLTL

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mention of Karen Wolek reminds me that in a Christine Tudor interview(Gwyneth LOV)in SOD,she states that before landing that role,she auditioned for Karen at OLTL when they were considering bringing her back-plans that were obviously dropped.

How interesting if Karen had have returned.

• Members

Don't mean to detour this great thread, but I never truly understood why CBS cancelled Search, given its still decent numbers. It was barely 1/2 point Y&R, which it followed in most markets at the time. Were their demos awful? Was it some backstage political thing engineered by Conboy? Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed Capitol, especially its first two years, but Search was a much better written and acted show that had a human quality about it that Capitol never did. Obviously, NBC, which was in big trouble, saw a chance to add a decently rated show to its failing line-up, and we all know how that turned out.

• Members

I doubt it. I think she would have been swept up and away in the show's attempt at Alice/Steve/Rachel Part Deux, I don't think it would have lasted. She was wise to hold out and choose to play a character who's the lead's antagonist, then she injected Dorian with all of her ideas of glamour and humor. She's an astute actress who steered the character in her own direction... I mean literally made the part her own.

Archived