Who got you through a bad soap time?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's interesting. I think sometimes it depends on the history you may have with a show. For me, I grew up with ATWT and GL, and I had a very strong emotional attachment to characters, to the fabric of those shows. I did not care so much about what Nadine was doing or what Lucinda was doing or what Alex or Maureen were doing, as long as I recognized them and what I thought the show was. It was when the shows changed so drastically and when so many faces I knew started to disappear that I started moving away from those soaps. And why I would keep coming back again and again to them and then going away again, repulsed, for long periods of time.

Shows like AMC, and GH, I am invested in because I saw some really great stuff on those shows, especially AMC, but those weren't my first. I didn't have the same emotional attachment. I come and go and get upset or get happy but from more of a distance. I think with AMC the only time I got really angry and had to stop was when they had that mess where they ran the Dillon family off and had Janet beat a woman down with a candy cane.

• Members

GH, being almost perpetually in a bad time, I find there is always one character that steps up to save the show for me. Currently it is Helena, before her it was Lucky. Then you get the stuntcasts occasionally and just when I am bored out of my mind Emma Samms or Genie Francis pops in for a couple of weeks. And when you get that stretch when there is nobody special on the show and it is the same old tired crew, I just take a break.

DOOL, I have to be honest. If it wasn't for Victor, Kate and Vivian I would probably stop watching. I used to watch every minute, but the whole baby story has really overstayed its welcome and as soon as I see Sami, Rafe, EJ, or Anna I just FF over them. There is literally nothing any of them can say I want to hear. When Nicole comes back she will join them in FF-Land. But I DVR it for the chance to watch Victor and his crew because they are very entertaining. The baby story though, I think I would rather watch edits of that airline story from a couple of years back with Stephanie and that Horton I am forgetting (Jeremy?). Or maybe the old crank on the island with Shawn and Belle. Even he was more entertaining than the whole Sydney crowd.

• Members

I HATED that storyline, and it was definitely a time where I was thinking about quitting DAYS. Omg..that stupid, pathetic "Touch the sky" airplane (that ironically flew from Salem to Las Vegas), and those ugly powder blue colored shirts that Stephanie and Chelsea had to wear everyday!! Douchebag Jeremy Horton smuggling merchandise for the DiMera's, chisel faced Jett Carver who Jeremy thought was his best friend, really undercover trying to bust him for his crimes. (The only thing I liked, was Jett's relationship with Chelsea) Then you had Nick marry that con woman China Lee girl, then he was suddenly the step-father of her two kids after she went to jail. That storyline was a HOT MESS! Those were the most depressing DAYS of my life, seriously. Who was Head Writing DAYS during that time? I totally forget who, my mind is blank..

• Members

DAYS:

I currently watch the show for my favorites.

Victor: Is on pretty much now but he's involved in a story I don't care about (The Carly/Melanie one).

Stefano: Is on pretty much, but mostly as filler.

Lexie: Is barely on.

Kate: The writing for her went downhill sometime around 2004 but her marriage to Stefano has brought her back to life. But just like Stefano she is mostly used as filler.

Nicole: Currently in jail but I want the old Nicole back. AZ has grown as an actress but I don't want to see weak and crying Nicole stuck in the EJ/Sami/Rafe mess.

Philip: The writers have ruined him the last two years by pairing him with young girls. Everytime he interacts with the adults JKJ comes to life.

Archived