Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sylph

CW: New Nikita

From The Hollywood Reporter:

The CW has picked up two pilots, including an update of the 1990s action-thriller "La Femme Nikita" and a family drama that brings the producers of "Gilmore Girls" back to the network.

McG ("Terminator: Salvation," "Human Target") will executive produce the "Nikita" remake, along with Peter Johnson from Warner Bros. and Wonderland Prods.

The French film "Nikita," about a young criminal who's trained to be an assassin by a top-secret government organization, was originally made by Luc Besson in 1990, then was remade in 1993 as a U.S. film starring Bridget Fonda called "Point of No Return." The story was then launched as a TV series in 1991 on USA Network.

"Nikita" will give The CW its first non-supernatural action-drama. In this version, Nikita goes rogue and a new assassin is trained to replace her.

The CW is also ordering an untitled family drama set on a Wyoming horse farm that returns "Gilmore Girls" producing team Amy Sherman Palladino and Dan Palladino to the network.

The Wyoming project from Warner Bros. and CBS TV Studio.

It's not a Gilmore Girls movie but it's pretty much the next best thing: The CW has picked up an hour-long drama pilot from Gilmore creator Amy Sherman-Palladino and exec producer Dan Palladino. Dubbed the Untitled Wyoming Project, the potential fall '10 series is described as a family soap set on a horse farm in a small town in Midwest or Rockies.

It's Gilmore Girls meets Little House on the Prairie!

In other pilot pickup news, The CW has also ordered Nikita, a contemporary update of (duh) La Femme Nikita. The logline: Nikita has gone rogue, and a new Nikita is being trained to replace her.

Does CW ever have any new ideas? Yet another remake, this time by McG, whose last few projects have flopped.

I thought they said it was going to be a new Gilmore Girls.

Was that Fairlane show she did, or whatever it was called, like GG?

What will be the new GG? The HBO series, about three sister writers and their domineering literary mother?

And I don't know about that other show. :mellow:

I know she also has a feature coming, she adapted The Late Bloomer's Revolution and it will star Sarah Jessica Parker. Reportedly it will come in 2011.

Nikita, I can take or leave. I liked the USA show, but I think that's a weird thing to want to bring back.

And I hope the Wyoming thing is more LHOTP than GG.

CW has some pretty decent scripts in development, I think, based on what's on The Futon Critic. There's another family soap about the horse-racing world, one about college cheerleading, and one about an aspiring country singer.

I'm suprised that none of these shows have anything to do with rich kids or vampires. I thought with the success of Vampire Diaries they would try to get more tv shows based on vampire books.

I'm willing to bet that this Wyoming farm soap is a US remake of Australia's very successful McLeod's Daughters soap, set on an outback cattle farm.

And yet another remake of Nikita? The original movie was awesome. The US remake was turgid. The USA TV series was campy, addictive fun, to the point where I don't really want another show recreating Nikita and Michael's twisted love story. Peta Wilson and Roy Dupuis (even though he was from the Ronn MOss School of Acting) made the show.

Does CW ever have any new ideas? Yet another remake, this time by McG, whose last few projects have flopped.

Life Unexpected?

lol. everything else is pretty much based off a book, a remake, or still from the wb!

I'm willing to bet that this Wyoming farm soap is a US remake of Australia's very successful McLeod's Daughters soap, set on an outback cattle farm.

And yet another remake of Nikita? The original movie was awesome. The US remake was turgid. The USA TV series was campy, addictive fun, to the point where I don't really want another show recreating Nikita and Michael's twisted love story. Peta Wilson and Roy Dupuis (even though he was from the Ronn MOss School of Acting) made the show.

Hmmmm... That makes sense!

huh.gif at Nikita being done again.

unsure.gif at Wyoming farm soap because I can see it being a hit or a total flop.... but wub.gif at Palladino doing something again and at the fact that there's no hesitation in calling it a soap!

La Femme Nikita was on USA from 97 to 2001. I don't know why they said 91 unless they were confusing it with one of the movie versions.

Another remake? Is that really what CW is all about?

I don't see how they could do better than the movie, or the USA series.