OLTL: Spoiler from TV Guide

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Perhaps this is supposed to be some sort of backdrop to Cole and Starr drifting apart?

I don't really see what in their recent love affair would warrant a musical.

CHORUS: What about Todd? What about Todd?

Cole: He grabbed me in the balls...that's all.

CHORUS: That's all? That's ALL??

Starr: So I cried and I cried and my baby died...

CHORUS: Mitch died or died died?

Starr: Mitch died.

Todd: (muttering as he walks onstage) Let's talk about the balls again.

Cole: No! Balls are out!

Todd: (muttering) He sorta liked it. Starr, he's only with you cause he wants in my pants. You can't take a chance.

Cole: No I didn't! No I'm not!

CHORUS: No he didn't! No he's not! That's not where he'd go! If you don't believe us, just ask Markko!!

Langston: Markko? Markko? No, Ford is where I'd go if I were a 'mo.

Ford: Girl, you'll be a woman soon...

Marcie: WE DON'T HAVE THE RIGHTS TO THAT!!!! (yanks him offstage) Oh, and Todd TOOK MY BABY!!!

Starr: Gay? Is that why the fitness magazines never have an effect? Cole, is Markko the Damon to your Affleck?

Markko: That's so dated.

Langston: You've dated??

Markko: No! It was only one night, too many beers, I swear, I don't know how my hand ever got there!

(the set crashes on top of them)

Tea: Finally. We have our spotlight. Wait, was Todd there. Oh my God, Todd! (weeps) Daniella, go find your father.

Danielle: No way.

Tea: He is your only father and he he is the best father in the world and I say so because I have seen the good in him and never did he give me splinters from putting that kayak back together...

Danielle: He punched you in the face.

Tea: He just wanted to see if my dental insurance was good, really! Where is Todd? Todd? Todd? Don't cry for me, Cord and Tina...

(Todd mutters from under the rubble)

Tea: He's half-conscious!

Danielle: How can you tell the difference?

Tea: Todd, can you hear me? Let's sing! Don't go breaking my heart! I couldn't if I tried! You knocked on my door and I gave you my key!

Todd: Woo hoo.

Tea: Nobody knows! Nobody knows!

Todd: Woo hoo.

Tea: I gave you my heart. I...gave...you...MY...HEEEARRRTTT!!!!!

Todd: Yeah. Woo hoo.

• Members

I only liked ONE song from the last musical and that was Marcie's because Kathy Brier is just that good. I guess we'll be subjected to Matthew, Dani and Destiny warbling about their sad little non-triangle.

Perhaps they will pull a Glee and just cover popular songs. If we have to do this you may as well go with something familiar.

• Members

I doubt it. Glee has been VERY fortunate in that no one has refused them the rights to cover the songs they've done. The music industry has been bending over backwards to accommodate them. That's not going to happen with OLTL. Maybe Disney will be able to ease the way with a couple of Miley Cyrus tunes and HSM ripoffs so get ready for the teen set to sing "All in This Together" (Wild cats sing along, Yeah, you really got it goin' on!) But you aren't going to be treated to KA and KDP singing "Don't Stop Believin'."

• Members

I just don't get the relentless negativity of some on this board. Why do you prejudge things so harshly before they air? (I'm thinking specifically of this and the Jessica-as-high-schooler story.) I'm a relatively new regular viewer -- started taping the show daily just after Dorian's takeover of BE. So I didn't see the earlier musical, but I'm old enough to remember a few days of vaudeville on DAYS that had nothing to do with current storylines and was cheesy and amateurish and was absolutely wonderful. I like these occasional forays into something different than the soap opera norm. And if it intrigues younger audiences, what's the harm? I just think OLTL is leagues ahead of any other soap on the air right now and I'm willing to put my trust in Ron C. and Frank V. No, I don't like everything they've done, but I didn't like everything Harding LeMay did on Another World, either -- and I consider that the absolute high point of daytime drama.

• Members

I love musicals. Love them. (well ok not all, I tend to like kinda weirder or less mainstream ones like Sondheim or LaChiusa but...) But the last High School Musical they did was atrocious, even compared to the very low bar set by the actual High School Musical. I felt bad cuz I have no doubt everyone worked very hard but first of all it's near impossible to do decent production numbers in the amount of time it takes to film a soap opera. And second of all, the music was utter crap--again it wasn't even as memorable as the generic pap sung in the High School Musicals. (for that reason it prob would make more sense to sing established songs--that's one thing that makes Glee decent enough--that and that it doesn't take itself seriously--so it doesn't fall into the Cop Rock or Hull High dilemna of needing a lot of new tunes each week and not having the talent to do anything decent. OLTL did license songs for their Babes Behind Bars musical of course so it has been done).

That said, I think it's a waste of energy and funds and probably won't be any good, but I'll still be watching with my mouth agog ;) And they need to do a reprise of You're the Freak.

Archived