Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Poor Susan, no wonder the poor woman is so thin, the criticism of her is never ending. Give her a break.

She hardly looks terrifying. She will be 66 this year. 66. Nearly 70. Erica Kane is nearly 70 years old people. She looks terrific.

• Members

Apart from some gravity going on above her left knee, Susan has a great little body going on. Her upper body, including her shoulders, arms and cleavage, is that of a woman half her age.

Go Susan! Rock that age-appropriate bikini! It's hot out there.

• Members

I think she'd look far better with 10 more pounds and a 1 piece bathing suit. 2 piece bikins are not for old ladies.. sorry. Just like now that I'm 44, I don't go out with daisy dukes and glitter sprayed in my hair, it's not age appropriate. In my opinion, you NEVER bare your midriff in public after the age of 50, no matter what kind of shape your'e in.

• Members

And I think that's an incredibly ageist attitude. "Age appropriate"...numbers don't define how someone looks. Lucci's in better shape than half of the United States who are overweight and/or obese.

I don't disagree with you about her looking better with an extra 10 pounds on her, but I think people jumping to the anorexic bandwagon should really check themselves because that's an awfully strong accusation.

• Members

Not to mention that Susan Lucci is a mother of 2 and grandmother of 3.

For those who watched All My Children around 1974/1975 and 1979/1980 (the time periods that I think Susan Lucci was pregnant), how the show hide her pregnancies?

• Members

With SL's first pregnancy, Erica suffered a miscarriage and then had a mental break. They hollowed out a mattress and basically sunk her into it and then padded it with pillows and half eaten boxes of chocolates. Then she went to Oak Haven to recover from her mental issues while Susan was on maternity leave. The second time, she was married to Tom and opening a disco. They put her in a lot of baggy clothes and shot her creatively - go to youtube and look for the infamous scenes of Tom finding her birth control pills - she's visibly pregnant but well padded there. Erica went off to Hollywood to try her hand at acting and then ended up at a fat farm in Arizona for a while before coming back to Pine Valley.

• Members

I don't know if Melissa Gilbert has been brought up here or not (I know there's been non soap actors brought up here before, so forgive me if we are heading back towards them again and this is straying too far), but how much work has she had done? I know she had a nose job years ago, not to mention breast implants, but how much work has she had done besides that? I'm not sure when her TV Legends interview was, but this is a portion of it showing some obvious changes, particularly in her chin (and I should point out here that I didn't watch her on DWTS, so those of you who did, any feedback from you would be appreciated).

• Members

Also, on a similar track: The Waltons (Oh, how I love The Waltons!). Who saw the Today show interview back in December for the 40th Anniversary of The Homecoming (the show's actual anniversary will be later this year). It's kind of amusing to see how great the ladies look, and how...different the men look (Richard Thomas pretty much looks the same, though).

It's great to see Mary McDonough (Erin) look so good, in particular, given her battles with lupus (which she claims was a result of silicone in the breast implants she had removed some years ago--read her book, it's fantastic).

Archived