Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Members

Tina Louise is 78, so her body and the skin itself looks really great for her age.

Her nose job is a typical 60s nose that's been revised a time or two. People need to realise the nose doesn't heal like the rest of the body, it's mostly cartilage and bone and scar tissue is a major concern.

Her eyes are the real botch job, the lower lids are saggy and the upper lids are too tight.

Her lips are overly injected, which is why I discourage lip injections as they can so easily distort the natural lip line.

Botox in the forehead, doesn't look bad, but not good enough to have a haircut like that, it just isn't thick enough, it looks dates, late 1990s...if she cut her hair and covered up a bit she'd look terrific.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the gown is lovely.... and it would look great on her... 30 years ago. The COLOR of the lipstick is by far the most glaring atrocity. The cleavage and neckline are quite good for a woman her age, but damn, she needs to cover those arms. And one of the biggest issues here is she looks as if she's been rubbed with bacon grease. Tina, girl.. powder is your friend. Especially on older women, I feel proper application of powder is very important.

• Members

Tina Louise's problem is not plastic surgery, I think her stylist hates her. With a different hairstyle (think Linda Gray), a more natural and sweet haircolor (chocolate caramel honey etc) different make up (with NATURAL colors) and normal clothes she would be perfect. She doesn't look anywhere near 78.

Most of the times we blame plastic surgery when the real problem is bad taste. Think Brenda Dickson.

• Members

And I'm convinced it's the medication. Absolutely convinced. On the E Hollywood story, she looked SO GOOD, and then when she went through her divorce, and big pharma got a hold of her, she became a drag queen. All through her life she's looked good and tasteful, just the last 5 years it hit the skids, and anti depressants is the only different factor here.

• Members

And I'm convinced it's the medication. Absolutely convinced. On the E Hollywood story, she looked SO GOOD, and then when she went through her divorce, and big pharma got a hold of her, she became a drag queen. All through her life she's looked good and tasteful, just the last 5 years it hit the skids, and anti depressants is the only different factor here.

If anti-depressants could do that to my looks I went stop them after talking to my doctor. Scary.

• Members

Correct me if I'm wrong--it's been years since I've seen the Gilligan's Island THS (although it's on YouTube I think so I suppose I should watch it)--but if I remember correctly, Tina didn't give an exclusive interview for it (DW did, though). I'm pretty sure the footage they used of Tina was from a previous interview in 1995, and I think the THS is from 2001. Unless she did an exclusive interview for it and they just showed pieces of the 95 interview, too. I can't remember.

Here she is in 1995 when the GI cast appeared on Roseanne. She certainly looked better here than she does now.

• Members

I just know alot of women who took alot of anti depressants during divorce proceedings, and they became quite different and loopy. A very good friend of mine who is also a client went through a really contentious divorce (She threw her husband down a flight of stairs) and she acted totally different. Another client I had lost a bunch of weight and painted herself up like a bar room slut. Still another got all freaky and accused her husband of molesting the children. These soccer moms going through divorces are like a train wreck to watch. The hair was wonderful... the red hair she had a year or so ago was bad.... to bright..... but back then, it was a much softer shade, and it looked great on her. And I don't believe in dated clothing. If it looked good 20 years ago, it looks good today. Style is so ephemeral, I don't think anyone should give a crap about keeping up with it? And what if what is in style isn't flattering to your body type? Do you wear it anyway and look like sh!t? I wouldn't. Joan wears dated stuff all the time, and I totally LUV her for it. As a matter of fact, Brenda was wearing a red suit and skirt set with a simjple strand of pearls.... who is this from 2010 wearing a very similar outfit? (At least on the top half)

220px-Joan_Collins_in_Stephane_Rolland_%281%29_cropped.jpg

brendared.jpg

But nobody has a lock on ridiculous outfits, my case in point:

jess-walton-32nd-annual-daytime-emmy-creative-arts-awards-arrivals-19JOl9.jpg

• Members

That isn't Joan's dress, that's from the Heart Association's Red Dress Fashion Show...

Style isn't that ephemeral, good taste is quite timeless. A skirt suit or pants suit in a neutral colour with beautiful accessories is pretty timeless. And dated clothing and hair is so unflattering. Someone like Brenda Dickson or Joan Van Ark or La Toya Jackson just looks ridiculous. They're clinging to an age that has come and gone.

Obviously, we don't agree on aesthetics and pharmaceutical drugs either.

• Members

Yep, I guess we don't... neutral colors are for neutral people, I always say! LOL One thing that makes me feel this way, is that the last 15 years, it seems like there isn't really any distinctive style, other than muffin tops! If you look back, each decade basically had a distinctive style... which doesn't seem to happen anymore, It still happens in interior decorating.... but not in fashion. Everything today just seems so dull, lifeless, everyone is AFRAID to take a risk. The modern decorating style bugs me, too.... iron chandeliers and granite countertops... I just don't want to feel like I'm preparing my dinner on someone's gravestone! I WILL say that modern trends in JEWELRY are nice, i've seen some incredibly lovely pieces from alot of different designers. Maybe the modern style can be seen as more accessory driven? It's hard to say. But what I meant by style being ephemeral, is that there's this endless cycle of clothing that is stylish and attractive, and then 15 years later, people say "I can't believe I wore that!" Do people just wear things because they are trendy, and they don't really like it? I would only wear something I like.... and just because it's not in style anymore, doesn't mean I stop liking it. My taste is not fickle at all. I say it takes guts to wear things that are out of style as long as you like it, I'm good with it. For me, I always wonder what makes something go from "Dated", to "Period"... because the latter doens't have a negative connotation.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived