Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I went to see CHARO tonight, and she looks really great for a woman of 61. She made many jokes about plastic surgery, said she hasn't had any... and I do believe her. I had second row in a small theater, and I was 10 feet from her under bright lights... in person you CAN see the lines and wrinkles and such, but she does a VERY good makeup job and has LOTS of hair to cover things up. But it's nice to see she looks like herself, and all parts of her face moves when she sings and smiles, everything moves naturally. High cheekbones have helped her alot.. and she's REALLY kept up her figure, she was wearing this same dress in the photo tonight. But when she was playing, good heavens, you KNEW you were in the presence of greatness, shock and awe is the best words for it when you watch her hands from 10 feet away.

charoissohot3.jpg

She did make alot of jokes about plastic surgery. She said she has no problem with it, she said if you know you need help and your husband tells you you look fabulous, he's full of sh!t. Then she said, "Be sure and find very good doctor, google him, ask questions... find out who Joan Rivers' doctor is, and DON'T use him... she used to be Jewish, she's now chinese."

• Members

Honestly, the moment I saw her name mentioned in this thread, I thought, "Nose job". Now seeing that picture, those aren't the natural maracas of a woman her age. She has that "done" look of the older ladies on novellas. She's probably even had her coochie coochie coo'd. :P

• Members

You know, I had the exact same opinion as you until I saw her close up in person. The boobs I'm still on the fence about. they DO look fake to me, but on the other hand, they are the same SIZE they always were, so do these women get implants to keep them looking perky? I would have thought they would just have what they got lifted? I looked for a picture closeup to show you what I saw, and I did find one. This is what I saw in person from a few feet away... and you see why I am having doubts.

0421_charo_spl94931_001-1.jpg

She looked great, though... and WOW such talent that is beyond belief. Now, as far as the nose is concerned...her nose from March of 1969 looks the same to me... I guess she'd be 18 here:

(she performed this last night, BTW... it got a HUGE response)

• Members

Well, the reasons are this:

1: I'm not an expert, and don't always know what I'm looking at.

2: (And this is the biggest reason) she EASILY looks 10 years older in person than she does in photographs and on TV. Pictures can be retouched, real life contact can't.

3: Even among doctors and experts, there is difference of opinion. I mean, that Dr. Nassif thinks Joan Collins has had a facelift, brow lift, fillers and a nose job, which I know you disagree with (As do I)

4: And in the end, I believe her because I'm a naive bumpkin, really :)

• Members

according to accounts, she had her documents falsified in spain so she could marry Xavier Cugat when she was 15 so she could get into america. Those documents said her birthdate was 1941. Later, both her parents testified that 1941 was false and her birthdate was 1951. And that 1951 date was upheld in court, and is her legal age. Confusin, ain't it? She has said in interviews her marriage to Cugat (who was well over 60 when she married him) was never consumated, and was a business arrangement.

• Members

Dee looks phenomenal in person. Much better than on tv or in pictures.I mean, she clearly looks like shes had work done but not in a bad way, I have a friend that looks great, shes had surgery tho and she wants that ive had surgery look. I dont really understand it, but whatever.

Archived