HBO: Game of Thrones

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It tells you how much or how little screentime can mean. Shireen's scenes were some of my favorites this season and she clocked in at about 3 minutes. I was a little surprised at Dany's relatively small amount of airtime, but it makes sense.

• Members

SInce there are two (some might say three) books left for GRRM to write, I would say that's up for debate. We are likely to see Loras again in the next season. I'd also be willing to say that we will see Rickon again before the end of the series. I would not be surprised if he ends up Lord of Winterfell. That's just a blind guess, but I think Jon and Bran have other fish to fry.

• Members

Rickon and Osha were originally apparently slated to appear this past season. I was disappointed when they didn't.

Loras has always been supporting at best, which is fine with me so long as he keeps his clothes off.

• Members

He went from supporting to pretty much an extra this season. This was a very packed season but I think having Margaery and Loras both MIA (Margaery from episode 5 on, Loras everywhere but episode 2) was a misstep. I think they needed at least one Cersei/Loras scene.

I know one of the main GoT wiki pages had Rickon as being in this season, which clearly didn't happen. I guess it was cute. I hope we get a deleted scene.

• Members

I'm sure they will be. I just hope the lengthy absence won't blunt their impact. Margaery works best as a basically kind-hearted but able schemer. Other than the stuff with Tommen, I felt like they had her veering a little too much toward passive and in over her head.

• Members

That's a great take on the character. But going from that to saying she's nuts and twisted is a stretch.

I didn't even realize Margaery was gone that long, and I love her. I don't think there was any kind of issue with that absence.

Ought she not to learn how to play the game first? It would be a bit too much if you threw her in with Cersei, Tywin, etc., at her age and with her experience and she automatically started 'winning' without any sort of effort. She's in over her head? Perfect! I'm looking forward to her efforts to come on top.

• Members

I thought Margaery was on enough, really. They killed her new husband and introduced her next objective - everything else was being done above her head, with Olenna and Littlefinger. Her plotline was transitioned out with the second half of the season and I was fine with that, though I love her. She'll be back.

I think Margaery is more clever and overall capable than Cersei, actually. But with Tywin gone and the Mountain in her care Cersei now has a lot more at her fingertips than she used to, and while she's far from a tactical genius she is harsh and swift when provoked. With no protection from the dangerous blunderbuss that is Cersei, and with Cersei having enough powerful new physical resources to insulate her from her own lack of acumen, Margaery could be in real jeopardy. I doubt Cersei cares much anymore about whether the Tyrells and their holdings can keep her and hers off the streets. She just doesn't think that far ahead.

Edited by Vee