HBO: Game of Thrones

• Members

I don't think I ever said she was "nuts," if you're suggesting I did. Arya has been through hell. I wouldn't say that. What I've always disagreed with here is the idea that she is still pretty much intact and that her behavior wasn't a concern. And Maisie is also saying that.

I don't think I'd believe it if Margaery was some expert schemer, but I don't think Natalie Dormer (who is a fair amount older than the character in the source material) is as good at playing wide-eyed Margaery. She seemed to regress this season, what with whining about not getting to be queen, her gloating in front of Cersei, etc. Margaery was smarter than that last season, while not being too smart. They got the balance right.

Anyway. Casting news.

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/06/23/familiar-face-returning-game-thrones-season-5/

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That would have been an international scandal!

She is such an enigma because she never ever succumbs to the idea of trying to be just like everyone else the way Harry does or the the way William makes sure everyone knows he can change a diaper or that he carries the baby. She goes on these visits and you never have any idea whether she really finds everyone interesting or not, but she has the smile down pat and knows how to make it look like everyone everywhere is equally interesting. I wonder if she watches the show, she would never give an interview and tell us.

I was surprised to see Sansa was so sooo tall. She is practically an amazon compared to everyone else.

• Members

Lol he's the one who's a ticking time bomb and frankly the fact that he even responded that way means that there's clearly a large contingent of people who have voiced this concern to his face....including me.

And I still stand by that. I'm absolutely preparing myself for the inevitable when it comes to him. He's clearly not concerned at all with the original fans of his books at this point. Instead of writing he'll be working on several movies, mini stories about characters that don't matter in the grand scheme of the story, and the show which has become another universe of GoT.

I think its understandable why a lot of people are worried about how it will affect the series. It probably already has. As someone on another GoT website I visit said...

"Youre old and fat dude, its not people worrying, its people stating fact. Youre gonna die before you finish your books if you dont get healthy and/or write faster. Get as defensive as you want big guy, we just want ya to take care of yourself"

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Members

What that person said is incredibly rude and selfish. Speaking the truth isn't a pass for being an *******. It's his life, if he doesn't finish the books (and I agree he probably won't and that will suck) then he doesn't. If I were him and someone said something like that to me, I would take my chips and go home. He's already rich, he doesn't have to do one damn thing he doesn't want to do. I'm not the biggest Neil Gaiman fan, but he had that exactly right.

Writing novels isn't like chopping wood. You can't force the creative process just by putting your back into it.