TV Squad: Start worrying about OLTL

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WOw I'm not used to seeing so much hate for RC and his stories on outside sites for some reason, LOL. Gotta LOVE comments like this:

"Gay issue makes me feel uncomfortable with the kissing etc, no i am not anti gay, we have them and love them in our family but i would also feel strange if they have too much of this with me"

Umm yeah. That said...

• Members

I've heard of TV Squad, but this article seems bare bones. They also don't seem to remember that Nash has been dead for a year and a half.

I've never seen anyone who liked both Nash and Jared, so that's something new at least.

• Members

Interestingly enough when people say watching things on soaps make them uncomfortable I have to wonder, isn't that what soaps have been doing since day one? Touching on uncomfortable topics within human relationships? I have to wonder if people expect exclusive Harlequin romances from soaps

• Members

Like several of you, I was done when the author commented that RC squandered great love stories like Rex and Gigi... DUDE! They were 'cute', but they're hardly supercouple material.

I'm more mad about Nash's death than anything else. That one storyline nearly caused me to tune out. Nash and Tessica WERE a supercouple and freakin' fabulous. I loved Nash with Tess, loved him with Jess. What a waste. It made it harder for me to accept Jared (and I wasn't crazy about Jared in the first place).

ROTF on the 'gay themed storylines' comment. I found that comment offensively stupid. HELP! The gays are everywhere, they're going to eat our babies! It's been such a small part of OLTL and I think RC has written a more organic storyline than anyone in daytime has. I love Layla/Cris/Oliver/Kyle and now Ford. They're all young and sweet, healthy and happy, and no one gives a crap about how people love one another. They're all caught up in that "other silliness"...having jobs, affording rent, paying bills... who'da thunk it?

All that bologna about 'gay themed' storylines being an indication of the end of OLTL. I wish daytime was better than that and people stopped worrying so much about the 'epidemic' of minority characters making their way to screen.

ETA: Color me stunned that Todd raping Marty as second time and planning a future with her while keeping her from Cole didn't top the list of things wrong with OLTL. Todd and Blair's and Tea's reactions to him are the biggest problem I have with this show.

• Members

Dumb article. "Time to start worrying about OLTL?" Let Allison Waldman worry about changing her tuner.

Comments on the site were even more irritating. Quite a few responses to the effect of "all that 'gay stuff' gives me the hibbie-jibbies!" Yeah, like I care what stupid, narrow-minded people think. (Yes, stupid and narrow-minded.)

May OLTL just die with some dignity before it consdiers taking any "advice" from Waldman and her TV-squad.

• Members

No exactly--I thought the gay marriage story was silly and actually kinda stupid, don'tget me wrong. But their comments make me think maybe it had more of an impact than I could have guessed lol. I can imagine someone in 1968 saying about Carla being black "I'm not anti black, we have them and love them in my family but..."

Archived