AMC: Actor leaving in March?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope they don't kill him off either. Having both Adam and Stuart die in under a year's time would be awful. I hope they find some other way to get his character off the show, but he is supposed to be having heart problems so maybe they will kill his character off. :(

DC's absence will definitely leave a big void in the show. There really is no one currently on the show who could take his place.

• Members

I still think she is coming back to leave with him. She'll air into April and so will he. Just because his contract is up in March doesn't mean we see the last of him in March. They tape weeks ahead. It's best to let him go with his one true mate and they can still come back and visit together. I knew this L.A. move would cost us vets. I wouldn't be surprised if SL makes the same decision.

• Members

This feels like one of those serious voids that people talk about when explaining the decline of a show like GL or AW. Adam Chandler is a tentpole character on AMC (and certainly my favorite -- when I think about how AMC squandered Erica & Adam last year for Ryan Getting his Cougar On...). He drives story. Watching AM, JY and even the incandescent MCE in scenes with DC, it is obvious they look to him to as some kind of acting mentor in scenes. Even pros like MEK, VI and BE appear to take thei cues from him on the direction of a scene. This is like B&B losing Susan Flannery. I really do think David Canary is that important to the show. What a shame he can't work out something with AMC!

• Members

Logically, it would make sense for Vincent Irizarry to fill that void, but the problem there is that they haven't been too successful in building a family around him. David Hayward moves story, but I'm not sure the writers see him as anything other than a plot device, solely to generate story/conflict for others, and not as a flesh and blood character. I guess this is the end of the Chandlers as a family unit. They can always keep Annie in the Ryan/Greenlee/Erica orbit, and JR and Colby in the Tad/Liza orbit. It's a sad day. I doubt they'd kill Adam off, especially after the Stuart backlash. Plus, I'd think they'd want to keep him alive for future visits.

• Members

It feels like they've been downgrading Adam's positioning for the past year. They were going strong with Adam/Erica and then poof and Adam's been a weaker version of Adam since.

David Canary, though, huge loss. I give the report credibility since Daytime Confidential reported it months ago (and their birdie is excellent) and of course the Tweet from Canary's daughter.

ICAM. In terms of character likeness, David is the match except he's written too cartoonish too often. It seems the writers can't help themselves with him.

The thing here though is the entire Chandler clan may fall without Adam/DC. Mayfield is a weak actor and JY still gives off a kid vibe. Therefore the loss is bigger than just Adam/DC. I don't wish JY out of AMC but it may be a wise decision to get an older, more mature actor to play JR (get JY back to B&B; I always thought he was the best Rick) and do the same with Scott. AMC so should have picked BACK up whatshisname on GL for Scott? Not the OLTL one, the GL one.

Y&R hired W. Russ (Boy Meets World) and has since replaced him with Stephen Nichols. Braeden decided to stay afterall, but Russ was scheduled to be his "replacement."

• Members

You can't really replace David Canary. Are there any 50 year old actors with a great speaking voice left in this world? Even the gray hair was essential to help with stature. But maybe bring an actor in to do a half decent attempt at sort of emulating him and making us think "this is something Adam would do".

Oh, here is a thought for someone who could play a tycoon with presence: While not the best actor ever he is certainly competent and professional--John Reilly (Alistair on Passions/Sean Donnely on GH). I think the only drawback with him he is is I think already in his 70s.

If he got back into shape, Michael Sabatino could do this type of role. I would say Roscoe Borne but he is just too short. I guess it is a shame they killed off Travis Montgomery.

• Members

David Andrew McDonald (Edmund/GL) would be perfect. He is hella talented and can bring the menacing dangerous tone to a new male patriarch and rival for Tad and David. He could come to PV as with Skye as her husband. This keeps him related to the Chandlers.

Archived