AMC: Actor leaving in March?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unfortunately, David Canary's daughter's comment and a couple of whispers made me suspect that he would be leaving as soon after the move. I think that he is a huge loss for AMC. There is no other charismatic male to take his place. At one point, JR was being groomed to be the new Adam, but JR has been watered down by the Careys and Tad.

• Members

The whisper I heard was that DC was only going to make the move to help ease the transition. His whole life is on the east coast and that he didn't want to be flying back and forth. I didn't hear much after so I thought he may have changed his mind or ABC was keeping the info on the down low.

If AMC was smart, it would break up JR and Marissa and push the business rivalry between JR and Scott.

• Members

I heard the same thing and what a blow for AMC. It's disappointing but I totally get it. His life is on the east coast, I don't think he's been in the best of health and I am sure the commute would take it's toll, and I doubt he really needs the money. He's such a formidable actor I could see him staying in the big apple and occassionally doing some theatre - maybe off broadway, to keep busy. Sadly there is no one on AMC to take his place.But they certainly could bring on someone new.

• Members

Personally I don't think the problem is the actor. I think Jacob Young is a decent actor. I think the writing for JR has been terrible since they turned Babe into the love of his life and virtally ignored what really made him interesting, being Dixie and Adam's kid.

• Members

They just don't make (not that they couldn't, but they just don't) Adam Chandlers, Palmer Courtlandts and Asa Buchanans anymore, his departure will truly be the end of an era for AMC. We need characters like Tad, Angie, and Jesse (and hell, Erica too) strengthened/repaired. And with Joe and Ruth gone even on a recurring capacity, we're really losing that Pine Valley *thing*.

Please don't kill Adam though. :( There are other ways...

Archived