AMC: Actor leaving in March?

• Members

Natalia being underused while Marissa is front & center is horrible.

Shannon Kane is WAY more talented than Brittany Allen.

Frankie cares enough about Amanda to risk his career FOR her then NEVER SPEAKS TO HER AGAIN?!

The less said about Pratt sticking Brot in The Black Corner the better.

Ugh.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just hope they'll keep Natalia around and continue to build her up. I know Hinsey has no influence but it still bothered me when she recently listed Natalia as one of the characters AMC needs to "cut their losses" (or some such) on. And yet at the same time she was telling them to bring Alexa Havens back.

• Members

For real, I mean, how is she even talking about cutting losses when the show has made a half-hearted investment? I'm going to hand it to SK, (shhhh, don't tell anybody I'm her, the "F" is for "Fuggin' gimme a storyline already" ;) ), she's taken her scraps of scenes and flashed a fun, charismatic personality that I'd like to see more of. The police station stuff felt awkward to me, they just need to go farther with her. I think she's very likeable and she deserves every chance and MORE that they've given to Randi and Marissa.

• Members

Ross had the best story, but I think modern fans would be outraged because their couple was destroyed. Palmer was married to Natalie, and his son Ross wound up raping her--and his own daughter Julie saw it happen and ran away from home because of it to NY to become an official teen in trouble! Then Palmer mistook it all for an affair and threw the raped Natalie out of his house. It was really great stuff. That needs to be on youtube.

• Members

I thought Yaya was okay. Denise Vasi makes her look like Phylicia Rashad.

I also really liked that they recognized and carried over the obscure Hubbard child from The City. I thought it was bull that they tossed her for the terrible "Jesse the Bigamist" story, even if it gave us Shannon Kane who is lovely. They should have all of the Hubbard girls, but of course they won't; instead, we have Vasi's Randi (who could've been cast with someone excellent and hard-edged to offset graceful Yaya) instead.

• Members

I am afraid this might happen as well.

ITA. There is a nice enough mixture of characters around to keep the show interesting, if some changes are made like the show gets a decent headwriter.

Some things I would like to see happen are:

I would definitely like to see more focus on the Hubbard family. I could easily seem them doing Thanksgiving/Holiday dinners and stuff like that. They are like the only family we see anyhow sitting down to dinner, so I think holiday dinners with them would be a nice soap staple. They can give Natalia more airtime/storylines and give Frankie a good love interest. I am fine with that loving interest being Madison for the time being.

The show gets rid of Randi and recasts Marissa. If Marissa wasn't David's daughter I would say get rid of her as well, but she is the only child David has on canvas, so I say recast her.

Ryan stops playing "Duck, Duck, Goose" with Kendall, Greenlee, and Annie and interacts with other characters on the show. He has been on the show for 12 years, and does have history with other characters besides these three. As a Ryan fan I get tired of seeing him having the same old, boring storylines over and over again. And I know a lot of non fans don't like to see him constantly be on the merry-go-round with his love life.

He has history/chemistry with Opal and Tad. He has been friends with those two for years now, and IMO should interact with them more. He has history with Jake, and though Cam and RPG haven't shared a lot of scenes together, I have seen chemistry between them in the scenes they have shared.

I would like to see them interact more. Ryan has chemistry with Angie, too. And they should have him interact with other characters like Krystal and maybe he would actually get some interesting storylines. I also think that him being single for at least a year would be good for his character.

They need to repair/help out the Chandler family in some way.

I hope that Krystal is never paired with Tad again.

I love David and Greenlee together, I would like to see the writers bring them even closer together.

They could bring back Jack and Dixie.

• Members

Yeah, that was dangerous territory, but at least we got a Natalia out of it and it wasn't just a story about Jesse playing house with a Laura Bonarrigo. I'm glad that Angie and Jesse have three children between them, again with the s/l poss-i-bil-i-ties!

• Members

As devastating as this news is, it wouldn't be as bad if AMC had ever bothered to develop another character to fill the void that DC will surely leave behind. But, no, it's all about hot, young flesh, isn't it, AMC/ABCD?

• Members

Knowing Frons at ABC he's probably happy thinking that this will leave no void. He's probably happy old DC is leaving. This will leave a void with the Chandlers as killing off Alan on GH left a void with the Quartermaines, except on GH we know the agenda for years had been to destroy that family anyway.

Agnes Nixon is a smart lady and if she still has any influence, I really hope she hopes restore some of what AMC was and can come up with an approach to help fill that void.

Archived