January 2010 ATWT Thread

• Members

LOL...Luke has taken his mother's place as character I most want to see bitch slapped, called out in front of everyone at the Mona Lisa (does that even exist anymore?") The only consolation is that everyone in town is not running around worried about Luke's "feelings," about everything as they were his mama in the prime of her annoying behavior. A big agree about the blond hair and the white face...but you see little queens like that everyday so thanks ATWT for the realism!

Sorry about the trip down memory lane Toups..I guess even making fun of the old days is a lot more fun then talking making fun of the dullness that is taking place now! On one last note on the past, yes I thought it would have been great to have Ellen go nuts, or at least have Fannie Brennan, the woman Ellen killed, relatives come back to gaslight her or torture her.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't see how there was anything wrong with what Luke did. Maybe Noah should remember his homophobic father and absent aunt before he continues to harshly criticize Luke for everything that he does. Luke did it out of love. Luke's entire family is paying for Noah's medical expenses. Luke would do anything for Noah. Noah should count his blessings instead of crap all over Luke for the 900th time. Noah is lucky to have people that give a crap about him. Oh and I didn't realize that blind people can't kiss, have sex, or lead perfectly healthy romantic lives. Is it possible these writers are purposely destroying Luke and Noah so even fans will hate them?

Noah's blindness could have been a positive storyline with Luke trying to help Noah and Noah struggling to come to terms with his blindness. Instead it's all about Noah berating Luke and Luke whining. I wished we could have seen Luke make Noah's movie and take it to an awards ceremony while Noah was in rehab researching this doctor. As per usual, it all happened offscreen so we could all see Meg dancing in her panties. Luke and Noah could be working together and everything. But then Luke and Noah would still be able to have sex and God forbid they do that. There is no story being told here, just random short skits or an outline.

• Members

Let's give Noah a little credit for not just relying on sex to solve a relationship issue. Yes, I know Nuke don't get no lovin', but give the guy a break...he's blind. Luke did this exact same tap-dance when he was paralyzed and Noah was the one trying to get him to rely on him. Oh, except Luke was ready to curl up and die, and Noah's becoming obsessed with not deaing with his blindness and looking for a cure.

• Members

Mitch, that would have been hot. You should be a soap writer.

Today isn't actually all that bad. I like the interaction between Mick and Babs. Generally, I hate these wannabe syfy stories; however, it isn't like there is all that much else happening in Oakdale. In general, I like seeing the Barbara, Paul, and Emily days. Also, they all look great. With the exception of these three characters, the wardrobe dept. on this show sucks.

• Members

Who decided poor Danny Pintauro had to be photoshopped out of that classic James/Paul/Babs pic? What...they don't want to pay him five cents to use his pic or something? I don't know if that was actually some pic of a younger Roger Howarth---but it looked strange.

*snort* The more things change, the more they stay the same. Molly's back, naked, straddling her latest man after rolling one tear down her cheek.

Y'know...if TIIC really want me to believe Mick is James...then don't have him say things like "I'm not wired that way" to Alison. Am I really supposed to believe James took a crash course in teenspeak while he waited to execute his latest master scheme?

• Members

I'd love to join you in bitch slapping Luke...LOL. He has taken the place of Lily as Miss Drama Queen...lol. Little queens?..lol

Did someone complain about the memory lane trip?? I know we have a thread for it but I havent seen anyone complain about the memory lane trip....oh well....lol.

I haven't seen today's show yet but to have Gay Danny Pintauro pic photoshopped waswacko.gif . He was the first Paul. A much better Paul than Roger Howarth....lol.

• Members

Question: why does everyone dislike Howarth so much? I realize he replaced a popular actor; however, that was a long time ago and not his fault. I've never notice an actor (not character) on this show so hated. I know the writers totally changed Paul but the re-write was almost a decade ago. Howarth's Paul reminds me of a mad Margue de Sade type from an old french novel. Fairwinds is gothic and via James he is sort of a blue blood. I'm used to the Marque de Oakdale Paul. Also, I actually think Howarth is good. I'd totally hit on him if we ever met ;-)

Wow..Pintauro looks so old! what is his age. It looks like little Danny has been smokin' the crystal meth.

• Members

First of all Toups..please move the Paul and Lyla talk to the correct thread...ummmm...I think Roger Howarth is miscasted as Paul. He got hired because of how popular he was as Todd. It was the beginning of Goutman bringing ABC stars to ATWT.

You should google Pintauro...there is some funny and crazy [!@#$%^&*] about him...lol....as for the smokin of cm....just google him...lol

• Members

First and foremost, for me, the issue with Paul is that he frequently eats the show. Especially when he has Meg, Craig, and Rosanna to roll around with. That foursome is just...no words can describe how fast I get bored with them. Second, though, is that I've never been a real big fan of RH. I don't like his style of acting. Too mopey, too depressed, always with that smug look on his face. I don't like the way he sometimes delivers his lines, like he's having a seizure. I can deal with him sometimes, but most of the time, I'm just not impressed.

And Pintauro is ALL broke up. And wow, I just looked him up, and TODAY is his 34th birthday! He graduated from Stanford, I believe a few years ago, and with his prestigious English/theatre degree, he attained a lucrative job at the Gap, and in an interview, tried to convince us that he works there because he likes it.

I also seem to recall an ATWT finding him on a gay dating site, where he posted these really skeevy naked pictures of himself...and apparently, his...regions...weren't very clean in these photos.

I weep for him.

• Members

I think CZP mentioned something about him in a recent interview---but I can't remember what it was. It's weird seeing him---I mean, he's frakkin' gorgeous in a Ronn Moss kind of way. And he's got an uncanny resemblance to Danny Markel, who played Ravid.

I dislike Howarth's style of acting. I dislike the way his Paul is written. I've disliked most of his romances. I dislike the way his history was rewritten and I dislike the "direction" Paul went in after he assumed the role. The only real credit I give Howarth is that he's good with kids.

• Members

A-FREAKING-MEN!!!!!!!!!!! :D (Let's not forget the eye-fluttering he inherited from Cady McClain and the obnoxious way he raises his voice at random times. BUT....Like with PJ, most of my dislike for him is the writing for the character. I don't think it was very wise for (whoever created Paul's actual characterization) to plan such an elaborate, complex character like that without creating some sort of guide or something. I mean, I know every writer's different, but with characters as rich as Paul, it only take a few teeny mistakes to sink them. (Ironic saying that since, over the years, headwriters have made plenty of HUGE mistakes in regards to writing the character). Whoever it was had to know that some goofball headwriter would come along, misinterpret the character, and then jack it all up to hell and back.... The best portrayal that I, being 22 and all, ever saw was Scott Holroyd. He had just the right amount of charm, charisma, kindness, conflicted feeling for his parents, and inner demons.

As for today:

The Mick stuff is getting very intriguing. Especially since it looks like the secret's slowly starting to slither out..... P.J., I think the writers wanted us to think Mick was a youth-ifiedJames up until Mick revealed that he supposedly was, but now that he's told Babs, I think they want to put doubt in our heads as to who he really is. Sooooooo....basically, the writers are wanting to keep us on our toes, and we probably won't know who he really is until TP exits.

Blah, blah, blah... that's all I hear when either Damian or Lily are on. Not only is the acting pretty shoddy, but the writing just doesn't seem to do the characters justice anymore.

FLOVE some NutMeg!!! That smirk she had when she was telling Damian she was going to off him: PRICELESS!!

:D Wuvvvved the Holden/Molly lovemaking sesh. Sooo good. Felt like a love scene from the 90's. Coulda done without that hideous Taywhore Swift song, though. :P P.J., hilarious insight, but.....as much as I flove Molly....*sigh* quite true. (And for those wondering: ...yes, I was a Lilden fan, but since Noelle has no chemistry with Hensley, I'm rooting for a Molden coupling these days. ;) )

P.S.--Thought ya'll might find it interesting that Lesli Kay tweeted a while back about the love scene:

• Members

I don't know, for me yesterday's episode sort of ruined the Holden/Molly pairing this time around. They were taking it nice and slow, and then out of nowhere, Lily gets pregnant (psyche!), Holden gets sad, and Holden and Molly hit the sheets. Whatever happened to romance?...

I agree that the Mick stuff is pretty...intriguing. I like the way that Barbara, Emily, Alison, and Paul are all being utilized. It's sort of refreshing not to know for once where a story is going.

Archived