AMC: Happy Birthday Susan Lucci!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Happy birthday to Susan Lucci, master of PR, and being one of the best possible soap ambassadors, and not too bad an actress either. And the center of some of my favorite soap plots of the 90s, like her pill addiction, and burying Kinder.

• Members

I think she was seen as such a bad actress for such a long time (or just as the epitome of people's ideas about soap acting) that expectations for her were very lowered. She's not a wonderful actress but I think she's better than she was once given credit for. She did some very, very good work in the Kendall story, pill addiction, Bianca's anorexia and coming out, Bianca's rape, etc.

• Members

Even if La Lucci is not the best actress in daytime, she is an icon and is very very nice with her fans. She is one of the first stars I have written to and she answered very quickly with a nice letter. I have deep respect for her. I guess we should be lucky to have her on soaps these days.

• Members

Happy Birthday to La Lucci! Here's to her getting a better storyline in 2010 that does NOT involve Ryan sniffing her girdle, she deserves a real front burner storyline that doesn't involve her being with her Grandsons dad. Jerica neds to come back :) . Hope her day goes well, she is a true icon, and a jewel to AMC eternally.

Archived