Lorraine Broderick not headwriter of AMC

• Members

Why is it that every time there's an opening for HW w/ any of these shows, the same hacks make the list of potential candidates? This industry has become so vile that it turns away anyone who might actually be worth a damn. It's just so depressing. No wonder soaps are dying.

Anyways, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To be fair this isn't ALL that new a thing--if you read the soap books from the 70s they reccyle many of the same names too (part of this was P&G doing what they did back then which was they cycled talent throughout their shows to keep them from being "stale") It's not a new habit though it hbas seemed ot have gotten worse (I love how that pompous blow hard, James Lipton--the ill qualified host of Actor's Studio) killed soap after soap yet worked for over 20 years and even got to create his own show

ANyway I refuse to give in to my happiness about Broderick being hired lol

• Members

Ugh! :rolleyes: To be blunt, I don't even know why that person decided to bring that rumor that they "read" from an anonymous poster over here in the first place. It just seems kind of random.

Besides, didn't LML and her whacked out hair take off in the middle of the strike to save the Amazon or something? Is it too much to hope she got abducted by a band of tribal warriors... pissed off with her work on Y&R?

• Members

An interesting concept nowadays, don't like it, don't read it. I watch AMC, and who's wishing her on the show? You need to go back and READ the posts again, NO ONE wants her on the show. Having her as HW would be them exchanging one hack(Pratt) for another(LML)

People bring rumors over here all the time. There I go again, I forgot it's okay when other's do it.

• Members

If the same poster posted a rumor saying "Claire Labine is in talks 2 hw Amc!!!!!!111" you know nobody would be bitching, even if it didn't end up true. Hell, this stuff with Lorraine Broderick ended up not being correct. And the LML was only mentioned within a thread so it's not like it got it's own platform to run wild. Not a big deal at all....

...and we still don't know 100% that this isn't true. If you look at the most ridiculous stories on the net, they've been true this year. NOBODY believed AMC was moving to LA. Everyone thought it was insane and laughed at Daytime Confidential, probably you too R Sinclair. When it was reported Colleen would drown and Victor would get her heart nobody believed it because it was too outrageous.

LML is the type of writer Frons likes. She won Emmys for her work on the show. She worked with Julie Carruthers for her entire run on Port Charles. She could argue she was fired from Y&R only because they liked the big evil woman (who happens to be a Bell) who wrote during the strike. She could even argue that the ratings were higher when she was writing than they are now.

It really isn't that ridiculous a rumor and while I hope it isn't true, I wouldn't be surprised if it were. Whoever the final choice is I am doubting it'll be someone we're universally happy with. I also don't doubt that McTavish is preparing a bible too.

Archived