Suds Report: JILL LARSON back on contract!!

• Members

ABC is one messed up network. GH keeps and expands the horrible Spinelli as caricature, nerd and comic. AMC gets rid of the talented Daniel Kennedy as Petey who is a genuine nerd with a heart and passion.

If AMC had offered Daniel a contract, I bet he would have jumped at it. He could easily finish school in LA. He got his real estate license and went back to school because AMC was not using him and didn't give him a contract.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes and no. as Carl mentioned one of the few positives about pratt was he seemed to love Opal's character--we got a lot more of her than we had in some time (although we got a bit ttoo much of her predicting endless doom lol) and maybe havign her on more made people realize just what a talent she was? But it is a smart move--AMC is really lacking in these types of characters that have historically been so important to them--the sligthly on the side and often more comedic or out there characters--and with Joe and Palmer and Myrtle now gone they have to keep people whgo can serve an older generation basis if the show actually has any future at all.

Anyway, I think it's thrilling news.

But I agree 100% with what Ann says.

• Members

"Look for Trevor's dad to stick around Pine Nuts for a while longer. Digest is reporting that Finn Wittrock, who has recurred as Damon since October, has been placed on contract."

What is he talking about? Trevor is JAKE and AMANDA's son, not Damon and Bailey's.....Doesn't he mean Stuart??

What a joke.

• Members

LMFAO :lol: Too funny. I mean, there are too many kids, but DAMN.

I'm SO HAPPY for Jill. :wub: She should've never been released in the first place. But yea, it is REALLY rare to get back on contract and I'm thrilled. I'm still hoping Walt is picked up on contract in LA and not recurring.

• Members

That is my next hope! If Walt was put back on contract, I would be so happy and more hopeful for AMC. The show needs more characters like Jackson and Opal (in terms of status with the show, years they've been on) to make it more familiar looking. I think the show should invest next year in bringing back more familiar faces to PV. Marissa, Scott, Randi, Damon, orange Liza, epic noobs everywhere nowadays.

• Members

I loved Dorothy too, but she's happy with her chicken farm in upstate NY and she said in a SOD interview that the part is Jill's now, she played it only for a fraction of Jill's years. Of course the same could be said for Robin Strasser as Rachel... Would love to see Dorothy share the screen with her old pal Robin on OLTL though.

• Members

Which is why I mention Robin as Rachel, you simply cannot shake a dynamic actor's blueprint of such a special role. Dorothy's and Jill's Opals are essentially two different characters in my book. Dorothy's Opal is the stuff of my childhood, she was right there at that age where I was able to really understand and soak in what I saw on television and I was so taken by my parents' and grandparents' involvement with this show, talking about characters like relatives and friends. Like you Khan (we're the same age), I've been blessed (cursed? sometimes) with this crazy memory, I certainly remember when Opal became Naomi. Dorothy really shines in the OTT roles though, again, would LOVE to see her and Robin together on One Life. Dorothy is/was a friend and great admirer of Robin and Beverlee McKinsey, and that makes so much sense to me.

• Members

Bring her back too! We can get some sort of John Black/Roman Brady story for the two Opals. It can be Dorothy as Opal, and Jill as her brainwashed impostor, Pearl. No one noticed the difference in appearance because the fish in Pine Valley are laced with mercury, or something.

• Members

:lol:

The only bone (and I guess it's a pretty big bone, actually) I've ever had to pick with Jill's Opal is her ditheriness. Dorothy's Opal had a sharp edge, she was highly entertaining but also a little dangerous, she didn't feel nearly as harmless as Jill's Opal does. She had the kind of personality where I find it hard to imagine her sitting up under Erica for too long, not once the allure of being THE Erica Kane's bff wore off (when she realized it wasn't a paid position). I feel like Dorothy's Opal wouldn't hesitate to tell Erica about herself and wouldn't react with hurt as Jill's Opal has when Erica has slighted her, Dorothy's Opal would tell her to eff off. But of course people change, as Opal has under Jill, so who knows really how things would have turned out had Dorothy not left for Mama's Family as a solo gig.

Archived