Vanessa Marcil co-staring in a new web series.

• Members

Vanessa Marcil is co-staring in a new web series.

Produced by Sony Pictures Television, the thriller follows a thief trying to start over, but unable to leave a life of crime behind. The series will run for 14 five to seven minute long episodes and debut in January 2010 on the Crackle website.

The Bannen Way

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is the best Web series that I have seen yet. It is well produced and full of good actors. The promo is very good. I'll watch it for sure. Sony spent a bundle on producing this series. Sony must be trying to branch out and see if there is money to be made with serials on the Web.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

This web series has started, and 3 episodes are up. It is so professionally done, and just shows what utter crap things like Venice and Gotham are.

First, the credits: two seconds long allowing for a six minute episode.

The writing: With only six minutes the writer wisely chose a first person narrative device to introduce every character and what their angle is. For Vanessa Marcil, she was given a visual introduction in episode 3 that with no dialogue clearly explains what we need to know.

The sets, the prod. values, the editing and camera work--all as good as anything on TV. Obviously there is money behind this so it isn't fair to expect "Gotham" to have everything "The Bannen Way" does, but this is still a fun web series and when I blew it up into full screen mode, it felt like I was watching a regular program. Still the 6 minute episodes suck, but that seems to be a techinical reality or something.

• Members

And the thing is, the shooting/editing style reminds me a LOT of that of a film student friend in college, and he was working on a shoestring. So it IS very possible to make these things shine with little budget when you have creative minds who know their stuff on your team. I have seen several student and short films done on dv that looked miles better than some of these web series, not to mention EW's GL.

• Members

I like it (and Buppies too) its slick sleek visual appealing and I laughed a lot.

I'm interested in Neil Bannen and Marcil's Madisen

I like Forester as his uncle I'm a huge fan of his esp. since Jackie Brown

but I'm a webisode fan so I like pretty much all of them starting w/Imaginary B's (Wedlocked, Gotham too).

Haven't subscribed to Venice yet but looking forward to that one

I've only seen the first free installment. My only complaint is they are too short.

• Members

I have watched a few episodes of most of the web soaps/shows...

this is by far the best, but it has the budget. Buppies is also really good, but it obviously has somewhat of a nice budget.

Of the cheap/no budget web soaps/shows Venice is the best. They really got lucky in shooting at nice locations. It comes off very natural.

• Members

I have caught up with episode 9 of Bannen's way. I am really enjoying this series. The story is full of intrigue and acting is solid. I loved Madison double crossing Bannen and his surprise that there really was a sexy assassin trio. Michael Ironside and Robert Forster have aged.

Archived