November 23-27, 2009

Toups

• Members

I hope Days continues it's rise or at least maintains.

I detest AMC and GH. And I tend to agree with Sarah Bibel. I don't think Franco will do a thing for GH because his general fanbase doesn't watch soaps and has no interest in watching soaps.

I am not hating Y&R like so many here are but there just a no stories grabbing me right now. Normally on a soap you have stories climax at different times. It just seems all the old stories ended at one and the new onces have started up at the same time.

But Days is the must watch soap more than any other. I am really enjoying it.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's to Y&R falling heavily again.

Y&R needs a shakeup behind the scenes and badly. Nothing is working, the show is either completely boring, or completely offensive. The horrible writing team at Y&R tries to make up for it with "stunts" and "shock" and "awe" and it never works. The day to day writing and overall dialogue is also horrendous these days. There is no consistency whatsoever at this show.

• Members

Try watching GH or AMC for any duration. Talk abot Shock and stunts and bad dialogue. While I don't find Y&R horrible, it's just dull right now. NOthing exciting or peaking now and the climax events they have had like Phillips return and Colleens death have been terribly disappointing.

• Members

GH, AMC, and Y&R are all equally horrible, for a variety of reasons, some of which are the same, and same of which are very distinct.

GH usually goes all out with their stunts and spend all their time trying to build to one. On Y&R, everything is filler material until the next death or until the next action from the latest psycho of the month is being executed. They don't build up to anything on Y&R. Sharon and Adam fall in "love" (the actors have NO CHEMISTRY) after only a few weeks of talking, and it takes Chance (who is personality-less and poorly developed as a character) getting stabbed to make Chloe realize that she has "feelings" for him. <_<

There is NO long-term goal or direction for anything on Y&R. This is not how soaps are supposed to be functioned.

Archived