Y&R: Question about the ratings drop

• Members

Regarding that 2002 ratings drop--I would read these two columns about Y&R at that time:

The first comes from March 2002, when Y&R was in a major state of transition and Alden's writing was rather mediocre:

http://dimwitt.tripod.com/snark22.html

Wouldn't you know that Moore left right in the middle of this mess? Perhaps his exit was the last straw for some, not the single reason. Viewers certainly did not come back when he reappeared in 2004 did they? I don't think so.

Secondly, this comes from September 2002:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't understand why black viewers are leaving. We have CKLily representing the Winters/Baber clan. She got more storyline then all the Winters & Babers put together. She gotten more love interests. She should think her lucky stars she have no siblings, so no swamping for her. <_<

• Members

True Lily Winters is a black female character, but it is very doubtful that the majority of viewers view CK as a black actress. Honestly, I pretty much view CKLily as the adoptive child of Neil and Dru, it makes it easier for me to accept her character when I am not ffing through her scenes.

People can say that DSLily was a bit rough around the edges, but the girl had mad chemistry with Dru, Neil and Devon. And DS and MG were on fire as Daily. Unfortunately, MG/Daniel hasn't been that interesting or sexy since.

• Members

Oh Yeah, it was a problem when I said the samething. I keep telling people if black viewrrs accpeted CK as Lily the viewers would still be watching. But they said I need a life & all this other stuff. If they can get a Lily that isn't bland & have something more to offer then who she bedding. I'm sure I'll come back to watch Y&R with or without Dru.

I just can't stand CkLily. They could have brought her back as another character. Since they loved her so much. I'm sure the viewers wouldn't care if she came back not playing Lily. & DS still was Lily. Matter of fact she should have played Roxanne.

• Members

To me it's not even about CK & DS. It's about how could Dru bring back a whiney, needy, nothing going for her daughter but who she bedding. Why isn't she stronger then that? Even when Dru couldn't read she was stronger then CKLily. CkLily has no goals. What does she wants out of life besdies havinmg a baby right now. The way she change her mind so much that baby will be put outside soon.

Archived