Y&R: Week of November 23 Discussion

• Members

Oh, my gosh, Toups... I kind of feel the opposite. And I'm the eternal cheerleader. the Paul/Nina/Jill thing IS GREAT, if it can be followed through properly. But to be honest, it's the only thing keeping me watching right now. If they step over the line and have Ryder's mother be someone totally outlandish, then I think I'll have to go over to the dark side. At this point, the only person Ryder's mother could be and save any SHRED of realism (Which Y&R is supposed to be known for) would be Hilary Lancaster. But how much you wanna bet they'll go some evil twin, plastic surgery bullshit route.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But see, not even the Fisher-Baldwins are getting much play...sporadic stuff here and there. Not a single story pushes through. There is just too much going on on this show.

You read my outline from the other day? :lol:. Actually, yours is much better and better structured.

Yes, I think if viewers can just erase the whiteboard a bit...forgive some of the awful stuff of the summer (and yes, it requires a conscious act of forgiveness) things could get better. Caveat: Not if they keep fractionating their storytelling like this, so that no stories actually push through. It all feels like B and C story...no A.

• Members

Oh heavens! Don't listen to me :lol:

I'm a fanboi :lol:

Seriously, I thought this episode was better...a good mix of characters/actors/writers came together, and they dropped the plot-plot-plot a little bit for a day. I wasn't the salvation of the show, though, LOL.

• Members

Sure, but I've been waiting almost ten years for Hogan to ask forgiveness.

I would just like someone at this show to talk about the mess they've made, instead of it being the fault of daytime, or of fans, or of cast members, or of Sony.

• Members

This is a commercial product. I doubt they're every going to say "we screwed up".

And let's say they do. Ken Corday has done annual f*cking interviews in which he admitted to screwing up, and spewing out this year's plan to save Days. I see ZERO benefit or fan appreciation for this.

• Members

Yeah unless there is a massive overall core offense to the latter, sony, cbs, and the audience they will not do that and that's just business. KC was stuck in a place he had to do that he was losing the network at a very fast rate, Sony might have gotten on his back by then and the viewership was in worse shape than it had been in a long time. Let's be real Days viewers have been protesting and asking for acknowledgement for a long time before it was acknowledged

• Members

Soap writers or producers say "We made a mistake" plenty of times. That's not limited to Ken Corday. Even Jill Farren Phelps, not exactly known for catering to fan whims, has said as much. MAB has had no problem going to the soap press to be kissed up to and get told how she was Y&R's savior. She should get to hear the opposite as well.

MAB started off her run joking around about the crime rate dropping and then barely six months later we get the start of a long spate of hollow, gratuitous death, mayhem, and darkness, mixed with nonexistent characterization and actors who tank everything in sight. She obviously decided to betray what helped get her such hype in the first place (being the anti-LML) and then proceeded to just run roughshod all over the show for most of the year.

If they're going to get endless fawning for their work, then I think it's only natural for them to give us a little bit of mea culpa.

Archived