Y&R: Week of November 23 Discussion

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My point was, B&B was crap before she joined and it will be crap after she leaves.

I'm not even advocating for Alden in particular to come back, what about giving a former longtime staff writer a chance? The whole writing staff needs to be purged anyway. I'd simply keep Slater and Esser for their historical ties, everyone else can go.

• Members

Of course there are great writers who could improve the show, but that will never happen. We won't get a true soap newcomer who is actually a fan. Especially if they aren't white. Just forget it. I don't look at this as a valid option because it just won't happen. Soaps don't want newcomers or minorities writing for any of these shows.

McTavish's first stuff wasn't all that and to bring her back to AMC after how well she did at OLTL and GH shows someone is smoking more crack than Whitney. I don't think that's a fair comparison to the Y&R writers. IMO, both Alden and Smith had more successes than someone like McTavish ever did. Plus Alden was with the show for so long. I do think she would be valuable in some capacity. I know creating interesting stories wasn't her strong point, but I can see her being a great help to a new writer. A great transitional HW.

• Administrator

I know what you mean. And if people didn't think I was going to give out warnings, they were wrong. The past few weeks were pretty good, but this week some people slipped up. It's a shame. Let's do better next week, guys.

• Members

EXACTLY! B&B may not be perfect now, but I'll take anything from the Brad Bell/Kay Alden regime (yes, even Nick & Katie, Beth's insta-illness and sea demon Storm) over anything from 2005-2007. It all went downhill when Amber and Deacon left and Morgan was written out to make way for Taylor's God-awful resurrection story.

• Members

You gotta be joking.

Every time they create a new character or try to take an old character in a new direction, 90% of the people on here go screaming "WE ONLY WANT THE VETS! THAT PERSON IS ACTING OUT OF CHARACTER!"

From that I get the impression that the people who post on here don't want anything new. They'd certainly never stand for entire families being written out and new families created...even though the great and perfect Bill Bell did so himself.

Archived